- Heterogeneous catalysis and spectroscopy, Supported metal/metal oxide catalysis: synthesis, characterization and activity;
- Nano-materials: , Nano-material synthesis and applications in catalysis
- Hydrogenation reaction, Oxidation reaction:, CO2 hydrogenation and value-added chemicals,Also interested on reforming reaction of hydrocarbons
- In situ Spectroscopy (FTIR):, In situ adsorption and reaction studies (Operando spectroscopy)
- Hydrogen Energy: , Generation and storage
|Dec, 2014||till date||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|July 2013||Dec, 2014||Post-doc||KIST, Seoul, South Korea|
|PhD||Chemical Engineering(Heterogeneous catalysis and spectroscopy)||I.I.T. Kanpur||2012|
|M.E||Chemical Engineering||Jadavpur University||2007|
|B.Sc-B.Tech.||Chemical Engineering||University of Calcutta||2005|
|Catalytic oxidation reaction: A high pressure in situ FTIR study||DST||2017|
|Production of hydrogen:||IITR-FIG||2015|
- IIChE,, Life Member (LM-26035)
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Nanotechnology in Chemical Engineering||CHN-425||4th year B.Tech||Autumn|
|Chemical Reactor Analysis||CHN-505||PhD/M.Tech/B.Tech 4thYr.||Autumn|
|Heterogeneous Catalysis and Reactor design||CH-427||4th year B.Tech and IDD||Autumn|
|Chemical Reaction Engineering||CH-204||B.Tech.||Spring|
|Reaction Engineering (Lab)||CHN-204||BTech||Spring|
|Hydrocarbon processing and Engineering-1||CH-551||4th year B.Tech and IDD||Autumn|
|Thermodynamics and Chemical Kinetics||CHN-106||B.Tech||Spring|
|Process Utilities and Safety||CH-412||4th Year B.Tech||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Generation and storage of hydrogen using Metal-Boride Catalysts: Spectroscopic observation||Prashant Kumar Singh||O||2014(Jan)|
|Production of hydrogen using perovskite catalysts: Synthesis, Characterization and reactivity||Pradeep Kumar Yadav||O||2015(July)|
|Oxidation of cyclohexane over supported catalysts: An in situ FTIR study||Vijendra Kumar Yadav||O||2018(Jan)|
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul, South Korea||Post-Doctoral Research||2013-2014|
|Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), USA||Operando IV,||April 2012|
|Laboratoire Catalyse et Spectrochimie, Caen, France||International Summer School and workshop||July, 2010|
In refereed Journal Papers:
9.Prashant Kumar Singh,Taraknath Das,"Generation of hydrogen from NaBH4 solution using metal-boride (CoB, FeB, NiB) catalysts",International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 42(49) (2017) 29360-29369.
8. Taraknath Das, In Wook Nah, Jeong-Gil Choi, In-Hwan Oh, " Synthesis of iron oxide catalysts using various methods for the spin conversion of hydrogen", Reac Kinet Mech Cat, 118 (2) (2016) 669-681.
7.Taraknath Das,Soon-Cheol Kweon,In Wook Nah, Sarng Woo Karng,Jeong-Gil Choi,In-Hwan Oh," Spin conversion of hydrogen using supported iron catalysts at cryogenic temperature", Cryogenics, 69 (2015) 36-43.
6. Taraknath Das, Soon Cheol Kweon, Jeong Gil Choi, Seo Young Kim, In Hwan Oh,"Spin conversion of hydrogen over LaFeO3/Al2O3 catalysts at low temperature: synthesis, characterization and activity", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40 (2015) 383-391.
5.In Wook Nah, Jung Hyun Kim, Taraknath Das, Soon-Cheol Kwon, In-Hwan Oh,"A study on the ORtho-para hydrogen conversion characteristics of liquefied hydrogen by perovskite catalysts" Transactions of the Korean hydrogen and new energy society 26(1) (2015) 15-20.
4. Taraknath Das, Siddharth Sengupta, Goutam Deo, "Effect of calcination temperature during the synthesis of Co/Al2O3 catalyst used for the hydrogenation of CO2", Reaction kinetics, mechanism and catalysis, 110 (1) (2013) 147-162.
3.Taraknath Das, Goutam Deo," Effect of metal loading and support for supported cobalt catalyst", Catalysis Today, 198 (1) (2012) 116-124.
2.Taraknath Das, Goutam Deo,"Promotion of alumina supported cobalt catalysts by iron", Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 116 (39) (2012) 20812-20819.
1.Taraknath Das, Goutam Deo," Synthesis, characterization and in situ DRIFTS during the CO2 hydrogenation reaction over supported cobalt catalysts", Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 350 (1-2) (2011) 75-82.
Conferences and workshops (National and International):
12.P.K.Singh, T.Das, "Generation of hydrogen using Co,Fe, and Ni boride catalysts from NaBH4 solution",27-30thDec,2016, Chemcon2016, India
11. P. K.Singh, A.Jain, T. Das, " Generation and storage of hydrogen from NaBH4 solution using metal boride catalysts" June 13-16, 2016, 21st WHEC2016, Zaragoza, Spain.
10. Taraknath Das, In wook Nah, Jeong-Gil Choi, In-Hwan Oh,” Studying of iron oxide catalysts at cryogenic temperature for spin conversion of hydrogen”, Nov 6 to 07, 2014, 2014-KOCS Fall and 30th anniversary International Conference, Seoul National University of Science and Technology (Technopark), Seoul, south Korea.
9. Taraknath Das, Soon-Cheol Kweon, Jeong-Gil choi, Seo Young Kim, In-Hwan Oh,” Spin conversion of hydrogen over LaFeO3/Al2O3 catalysts at cryogenic temperature: synthesis, characterization and activity”, June 15 to 20, 2014, 20th World Hydrogen Energy Conference 2014, Gwangju, South Korea.
8. Taraknath Das, Soon-Cheol Kweon, In-Hwan Oh,” Effect of La/Sr ratios in the LaSrCuFeO3 perovskite catalysts for the spin conversion of hydrogen at low temperature”, October 7-8, 2013, The Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society-2013, Gumi, South Korea.
7. Dong Wook Lee, Taraknath Das, Soon-Cheol Kweon, Jeong-Gil Choi, In-Hwan Oh,” Spin conversion of ortho hydrogen at room temperature using LaSrCuxFe(1-x)O3 perovskite catalyst”, October 7-8, 2013, The Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society-2013, Gumi, South Korea.
6.Taraknath Das and Goutam Deo,”Effect of calcination temperature and in situ reduction in the synthesis of some supported cobalt catalysts”, 29th April to 3rd May 2012, Operando IV, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY, USA.
5.Taraknath Das and Goutam Deo, “Studying the effect of magnesia on SiO2 and Al2O3 supported cobalt catalysts”, 20th-22nd February 2012, 2nd Indo-German workshop, Advances in Reaction and Separation Processes, Haus der Kirche, Bad Herrenalb, Germany.
4. Taraknath Das and Goutam Deo, “Effect of support and metal loading of supported cobalt catalyst for in situ DRIFTS of CO2 hydrogenation”, 27-29th December 2011, Chemcon-2011, M.S. Ramaiah Inst. Of Tech., Bangalore, India.
3.Taraknath Das and Goutam Deo, “In-Situ DRIFTS and simultaneous reactivity measurements over Co/Al2O3 catalysts: The CO2 hydrogenation reaction” International Summer School on vibrational spectroscopy, Spectrocat2010, 19th-23rd July 2010 Caen, France.
2. Taraknath Das and Goutam Deo, “Surface interaction and catalytic reactivity of CO2 with H2 over Co/Al2O3 catalysts,” (93-94), Annual Research Symposium, ChEmference2010, 13th-14th July 2010, IITKanpur, India.
1.Taraknath Das and Goutam Deo, “ Olefin metathesis reaction over supported MoO3/Al2O3 or SiO2-Al2O3 catalysts: Effect of loading and support “ Catalysis for sustainable energy and chemicals, Nineteenth National symposium on Catalysis, 2009, NCL, Pune, India.
- Reviewer: Catalysis Communications,Applied Catalysis A, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences.