Dr. Pramod Kumar Sharma
Areas of Interest
- Groundwater hydrology and hydraulics; Experimental studies on flow and solute transport , Flow and Contaminant Transport through Porous media and Fractured-Porous Rock; Mathematical modeling
|April 2014||till prese||Associate Professor||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
Honors and Awards
|G.M. Nawathe best paper award||Indian society for Hydraulics (ISH)||2014|
|• Endevour Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award||DEEWR, Australian Government||2015|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Pier and jet scour in cohesive sediments consisting of clay-sand-gravel mixtures||DST New Delhi||2009|
Participation in seminars
|HYDRO-2015||IIT ROORKEE||ISH||DEC 17-19|
|HYDRO-2014||MANIT BHOPAL||ISH||DEC 18-20|
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Fluid Mechanics||CEN-108||B.Tech Civil - First year||Spring|
|Modeling Simulation and Optimization||CEN-534||MTech Hydraulics||Autumn|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|1. Scour around Bridge pier in gravel stream||MANISH PANDEY||O||2014|
|Flow and contaminant transport through variable saturated porous media||Muskan Mayank||O||2017|
|Modeling of contaminant transport through porous media||TEODROSE||A||2012|
|3. Scour around circular piers in clay-sand gravel mixtures||AJAY SINGH LODHI||A||2010|
|Study on reactive solute transport through porous medium||Deepak Swami||A||2010|
|Reactive contaminant transport through fractured porous media||Nitin Joshi||A||2010|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|HYDRO 2015||ISH||DEC 17-19|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Pandey, M., Sharma, P.K., Ahmad, Z., Singh, U.K. and Karna, N. (2017). Three dimensional velocity measurements around bridge piers in gravel bed. Marine Georesources & Geotechnology. DOI: 10.1080/1064119X.2017.1362085.
- Pandey, M., Sharma, P. K., Ahmad, Z., & Singh, U. K. (2017). Evaluation of existing equations for temporal scour depth around circular bridge piers. Environmental Fluid Mechanics, 1-15. DOI: 10.1007/s10652-017-9529-9
- Pandey, M., Ahmad, Z., & Sharma, P. K. (2017). Scour around impermeable spur dikes: a review. ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 1-20.
- Swami, D., Sharma, A., Sharma, P. K., & Shukla, D. P. (2016). Predicting suitability of different scale-dependent dispersivities for reactive solute transport through stratified porous media. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, 8(6), 921-927
- Rajsekhar, K., Sharma, P. K., & Shukla, S. K. (2016). Numerical modeling of virus transport through unsaturated porous media. Cogent Geoscience, 2(1), 1220444.
- Sharma, P. K., Kakani, S. and Shukla, S.K. (2016). Numerical Study of Contaminant Transport in Fractured Porous Rock with Distance Dependent Dispersivity. J. of Water Resource and Hydraulic Engineering, June 2016, Vol. 5 Iss. 2, PP. 46-57.
- Swami, D., Sharma, P. K., & Ojha, C. S. P. (2016). Behavioral Study of the Mass Transfer Coefficient of Nonreactive Solute with Velocity, Distance, and Dispersion. Journal of Environmental Engineering, 143(1), 04016076.
- Sharma, P. K., Shukla, S.K., Choudhary, R., Swami, D. (2016). Modeling for solute transport in mobile-immobile soil column experiment. ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, DOI:10.1080/09715010.2016.1155181.
- Pandey, M., Ahmad, Z., and Sharma, P. K. (2015). Estimation of Maximum Scour Depth near a Spur Dike. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, (ja).
- Sharma, P. K., Ojha, C.S.P., Swami, D., Joshi, N., and Shukla, S.K. (2015). Semi-Analytical Solutions of Multiprocessing Non-Equilibrium Transport Equations with Linear and Exponential Distance-Dependent Dispersivity. Water Resources Management, 29(14), 5255-5273
- Sharma, P. K., Ojha, C. S. P., Abegaze, T. A., Swami, D., and Yadav, A. (2015). Simulation of Fluoride Transport through Fine Sand Column Experiments. Journal of Hydrogeol Hydrol Eng 4: 2. of, 8, 2.
- Lodhi, A. S., Jain, R. K., and Sharma, P. K. (2015). Influence of cohesion on scour around submerged dike founded in clay–sand–gravel mixtures. ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 1-18.
- Abgaze, T. A., and Sharma, P. K. (2015). Solute transport through porous media with scale-dependent dispersion and variable mass transfer coefficient. ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 21(3), 298-311.
- Sharma, P. K., and Abgaze, T. A. (2015). Solute transport through porous media using asymptotic dispersivity. Sadhana, 40(5), 1595-1609.
- Joshi, N., Ojha, C. S. P., Sharma, P. K., & Madramootoo, C. A. (2015). Application of non-equilibrium fracture matrix model in simulating reactive contaminant transport through fractured porous media. Water Resources Research, 51(1), 390-408.
- Sharma, P. K., Joshi, N., Srivastava, R., and Ojha, C. (2014). "Reactive Transport in Fractured Permeable Porous Media." Journal of hydrologic Engineering, ASCE,10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0001096 , 04014078.
- Sharma, P. K. and Srivastava, R. (2014). Numerical analysis of spatial moments for reactive transport through fractured porous media. ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering published by Taylor and Francis UK.P. 1-13, DOI:10.1080/09715010.2014.884360
- Sharma, P. K., Savant, V.A., Shukla, S.K., and Khan, Z. (2014). Experimental and numerical simulation of contaminant transport through layered soil. International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering.Vol. 8(4), 345-351,DOI 10.1179/1939787913Y.0000000014
- Sharma, P. K. and Dixit, U. (2014). Contaminant Transport through Fractured Porous Media: An Experimental Study. Journal of Hydro-Environment Research, Elsevier,Vol.8(3), 223–233,http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jher.2013.08.003
- Deepak, S., Sharma, P. K., Ojha C.S.P (2014). Simulation of experimental breakthrough curves usingmultiprocess non-equilibrium model for reactive solute transport in stratified porous media. Sadhana Vol. 39( 6), 1425–1446, Indian Academy of Sciences.
- Sharma, P. K., Ojha, C.S.P., and Joshi, N. (2014). Finite volume model for reactive transport in fractured porous media with distance and time dependent dispersion. Hydrological Sciences Journal, 59 (8), 1-11.
- Joshi, N., Ojha, C.S.P, Sharma P. K., Surampalli, R.Y. (2013). Parameter identification of virus transport in porous media using equilibrium and non-equilibrium models. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, Vol. 1(4), 1099-1107.
- Sharma, P. K. (2013) Temporal moments for solute transport through fractured porous media. ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering published by Taylor and Francis UK,DOI:10.1080/09715010.2013.798908
- Deepak, S., Sharma, P. K., Ojha C.S.P (2013). Experimental investigation of solute transport through stratified porous media. ISH, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering published by Taylor and Francis UK, DOI:10.1080/09715010.2013.793930.
- Sharma, P. K., Joshi, N. and Ojha, C.S.P. (2013). Stochastic Numerical Method for Analysis of Solute Transport in Fractured Porous Media. Journal of Hydro-Environment Research, Elsevier, (7), 61-71.
- Joshi N, Ojha CSP, Sharma, P. K. (2012) A non-equilibrium model for reactive contaminant transport through fractured porous media: Model development and semi analytical solution. Water Resour. Res., Vol. 48, W10511, doi:10.1029/2011WR011621.
- Sharma, P. K., Sekhar, M., Srivastava, R. and Ojha, C.S.P. (2012). Temporal Moments for Reactive Transport through Fractured Impermeable / Permeable Formations. J. Hydrologic Engineering (ASCE) 17: 1302-1314.
- Sharma, P. K. and Srivastava, R. (2012). Concentration profiles and spatial moments for reactive transport through porous media. ASCE Journal of Hazardous, Toxic, and Radioactive Waste, Vol. 16 (2), P-125-133.
- Ojha, C.S.P., Surampalli, R. Y., Sharma, P. K., and Nitin Joshi (2011). Breakthrough curves and simulation of virus transport through fractured porous media. Journal of Environmental Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 137 (8), 731-739.
- Sharma, P. K. and Srivastava, R (2011). Numerical analysis of virus transport through heterogeneous porous media”. Journal of Hydro Environment Research (5), 93-99.
- Sharma, P. K., Nitin Joshi and Ojha C. S. P. (2011) Reactive transport through porous media using Finite difference and Finite Volume Methods. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering published by Taylor and Francis UK,Vol 17(2), 77-86.
- Kashyap, D, Sharma, P. K. and Subrahnanyam (2011). Stochastic modeling of groundwater contamination around an ash slurry holding dyke. ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol 17(1), 58-70.
- Srivastava, R., Sharma, P. K., and Brusseau (2004). Reactive Transport in Homogeneous Porous Media: Analytical Solutions for Temporal Moments”. J. of Contaminant Hydrology, 69, 27-43.
- Srivastava, R., Sharma, P. K., and Brusseau (2002.) Spatial Moments for Reactive Transport in Heterogeneous Porous Media”. J. Hydrologic Engineering, ASCE, July/August, 336-341.