- Geotechnical Engineering , Rock Engineering & Underground Space Technology, Soil Structure Interaction, Ground Improvement Engi
|2004||2007||Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering||IIT Roorkee|
|2000||2004||Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering||IIT Roorkee|
|1990||2000||Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering||IIT Roorkee|
|1987||1990||Research Scholar, Department of Civil Engineering||IIT Delhi|
|2007||On Going||Professor, Department of Civil Engineering||IIT Roorkee|
|IGS-HEICO Award for Best Paper||Indian Geotechnical Society||1996|
|IGS-HEICO Award for Best Paper||IGS-HEICO Award for Best Paper||1997|
|IGS-Prof. Leonards Prize for Best Ph.D. Thesis in Geotechnical Engineering submitted in Indian Univ||Indian Geotechnical Society||1999|
|IGS-AIMIL Best Chapter Award as Hony. Secy of Roorkee Chapter||Indian Geotechnical Society||2004|
|ISRMTT Award for Best Paper||Indian Society for Rock Mechnacis and Tunnelling Technology||1999|
|Letter of appreciation from Director, IIT Roorkee for overall performance during the year 2005-2006||IIT Roorkee||2008|
|Ph.D.||Civil||University of Roorkee||1999|
|M.E.||Geo.-Tech Engg.||Rani Durgawati Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur(MP)||1987|
|B.E.||Civil Engg.||Ravi Shankar University, Raipur (MP)||1984|
|1992||1994||Staff Advisor, Cricket||University Sports Association, Roorkee|
|1992||1998||Staff Advisor, Students Chapter (Civil Engg.)||Institution of Engineers|
|1998||2001||Warden, Ravindra Bhawan Mess||UOR, Roorkee|
|2001||2006||Staff Advisor, Program Management, Cultural Council||IITRoorkee|
|2001||On Going||Chief Warden, Ravindra Bhawan||IIT Roorkee|
|2008||On Going||Staff Advisor, Cricket||IIT Roorkee, Sports Association|
|1994||1996||OC Library||CED, UOR|
|2002||2005||OC, Central Facilities||IIT Roorkee|
|2001||2006||OC, Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory||IIT Roorkee|
|2006||On Going||Secretary, Departmental Faculty Board||IIT Roorkee|
|2005||On Going||Member, Departmental Planning & Publicity Committe||IIT Roorkee|
|2007||On Going||Cordinator, Geotechnical Engg Group||Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Roorkee|
- International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Member
- International Society of Rock Mechanics (India), Member
- Indian Geotechnical Society, Member
- Indian Society for Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology, Member
- Institution of Engineers (India), Member
- Indian Society for Construction and Building Materials, Member
- Indian Society for Continuing Engineering Education, Member
- IITR Alumnii Association, Member
- Indian Society for Technical Education, Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Soil Mechanics and Engineering Geology||CE-321||U.G.||Autumn|
|Underground Excavations||CE-634||P.G.(including Pre Phd Course)||Spring|
|Advanced Soil Mechanics||CE-531||P.G.(including Pre Phd Course)||Autumn|
|Seepage in Foundations and Earth Structures||CE-534||P.G.(including Pre Phd Course)||Autumn|
|Rock Slope Engineering||CE-637||P.G.(including Pre Phd Course)||Spring|
|Applied Rock Mechanics||CE-632||P.G.(including Pre Phd Course)||Spring|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Design of Prestressed Concrete Framed Box-Girder Bridge using Balanced Cantilever Construction Metho||Vibhor Kumar,Vishad Kuthiala,Indrajeet Kr Verma,Devendra Maghnani|
|Mapping and geotechnical Evaluation of Landslides in Himalayan Region||Piyush Gupta, Rahul Patasariya, Mayank Agrawal, Kunal Garga,Krishna Kr Singh|
|Kaliasur Landslide Stability Analysis and Corrective Measures||Somesh Sharma, Rajeev Bachra, Himanshu Godara, Vineet Kr. Singla, Rishi Nath|
|GIS based Sub-surface Geotechnical Evaluation of Delhi Area||Madhur Johri,Deepak Kulshreshtha, Devang A. Dhandhania, Vijay Kr Gupta, Praneetha C.|
|Landslide Risk Assessment in Garhwal Himalayas||Neha Kadiyan, Preety Agarwal, Mathew Kurian Eranat, Rishabh Gupta|
|Design of a Cable Stayed Bridge||Ankit Gupta, Ajay Patel, Ankit Jindal|
|Design of Bowstring Girder Bridge||V. Ravi Kumar P., B. Balakrishna, M. Siva Krishna Prasad, K. Bharath Reddy|
|Geodeformation Analysis through Geotechnical and Geodetic Investigation||Ankur Mundra, Ram Bhuwan Chauhan, Vinayak Shrestha, Yuvraj Singh|
|Development of Decision Support System for Geo-environmental Applications||Ankit Prabhakar, Anand Vardhan, Anuj Kumar Singh, Sanjeev Kumar|
|Stability Analysis of Slopes with Non-circular Slip Surface and Non-vertical Slices||R.K. Shekhawat|
|Behaviour of Soft Rock in Triaxial Stress Conditions||Hardan singh|
|Three Dimensional Stability Analysis of Abutments of Jamrani Dam, Kumaun Himalaya||Rajneesh Singhal|
|Analysis of Toppling Failure||Mukesh Pande|
|3-D Stability Analysis of Abutment Slopes of Srinagar Dam||Sheo Raj Singh|
|Influence of Infilling on the Strength Behaviour of Rock Joints||Alok Deepankar|
|Drained Shear Behaviour of Infilled Rock Joints||Anant Kumar|
|Stability Analysis of Proposed Underground Power House of Tehri Dam Project||A. K. singh|
|Influence of Confining Pressure on Modulus of Elasticity of Sandstone||D. K. Mishra|
|Transmitivity and Storage Characteristics of Soils||Ajay Shrivastava|
|Study of Failure Pattern of Soft Rocks Upon Saturation||Abhinandan Kumar|
|Probabilistic Approach to Slope Stability Analysis of Abutments of Jamrani Dam||P. V. Subramanayam|
|Effect of In-situ Stresses on Stability of Wedges in Underground Openings||K. Srinivasulu|
|Engineering Properties of Phyllites||M. M. Prasad|
|Stability of Rock Slopes with In-situ Stresses||A. K. Sharma|
|Shear Strength of Clayey Gouge||Prashant Vishnoi|
|Analysis of Underground Cavities with Discontinuous Rock Parameters by FEM||Nripen Das|
|Finite Element Analysis of Underground Opening||Biahwajit saha|
|Finite Element Analysis of Tehri Power House Cavity||Satyendra|
|Mechanical Behaviour of Phyllite Under Cyclic Loading||Gurucharan Birok|
|Analysis of Gravity Type Dam Foundation by FEM||Manish Singh|
|Effect of Multiple Caverns on Rock Stresses Through F E Analysis||Rajesh Kumar Chaudhary|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Rock Mass Characterization and Evaluation of Supports for Tunnels in Himalaya||Naresh Kumar||A||1|
|Stability Analysis of Levees||Akhileshwar Kumar Singh||A||1|
|Barrage-Foundation Interaction under Static and Dynamic Loading||Kumar Venkatesh||A||1|
|Stability of Underground Structures in Anisotropic Rock Masses||Moataz A.M. Al Obaydi||A||1|
|Shear Strength Behaviour of Jointed Model Material under Low CNL Condition||B.K. Agrawal||A||1|
|Strength Behaviour of Anisotropic Rocks||Ajit Kumar||A||1|
|Bearing Capacity of a Foundation on Jointed Rocks||Ajay Bindlish||A||1|
|Behaviour of Sand-fibre mixed Granular Pile||Partha Basu||A||1|
|Influence of Blast Loading on Stability of Caverns||Harsh Kumar Verma||A||1|
|Development of a Landslide Warning System||Devanjan Bhattacharyaa||A||1|
|Ground Improvement through Random Mixed Granular Pile||Bhilai Institute of Technology Bhilai||G||2008|
|Support Pressures for a Powerhouse Cavern in Anisotropic Rockmass||National Institute of Technology Raipur||G||2008|
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Norwegian Geotechnical Classification||CSMRS, New Delhi||Jan, 1994|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|National Workshop on Application of Rock Engineering in Nationâ€™s Development||Indian Geotechnical Society, Roorkee Chapter||April 27-2|
|National Conf. on Foundations and Retaining Structures (NCFRS 2007)||Indian Geotechnical Society, Roorkee Chapter||May 23-24|
|Short Term Course on Rock Mechanics in Civil Engineering Projects||QIP, IIT Roorkee||Dec. 22-26|
|Short Term Course on Advances in Rock Engineering||QIP, IIT Roorkee||Dec. 26-30|
|All India Seminar on Technical Education Vision 2020||Institute of Engineers, Roorkee Local Center||Nov 12-13,|
|Indian Geotechnical Conference on Geotechnical Engineering for Infrastructural Development||Indian Geotechnical Society, Roorkee Chapter||Dec. 18-20|
1. Singh, Bhawani, Viladkar, M.N., Samadhiya, N.K. and Sandeep (1995), ‘A Semi-Empirical Method for the Design of Support Systems in Underground Openings’, Int. Jnl. of Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, U.K., Vol. 10, No.3, pp. 375-383.
2. Singh, Bhawani, Samadhiya, N.K. and Shekhawat, R.K., (1996), ‘Stability Analysis of Slopes with Non-circular Slip Surface and Non-vertical Slice’, Indian Geotech. Journal, Vol. 26, No.4, pp. 417-429.
3. Singh, Bhawani, Viladkar, M.N., Samadhiya, N.K. and Mehrotra, V.K. (1997), “Rock Mass Strength Parameters Mobilised in Tunnels’, Int. Jnl. of Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, U.K., Vol.12, No.1, pp. 47-54.
4. Samadhiya, N.K. and Jain, P.K. (2003), ‘Strength Behaviour of Phyllites Under Triaxial Stress Conditions’, Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Tunnelling Tech., India, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 63-85.
5. Kumar, Naresh and Samadhiya, N.K. (2003), ‘Application of RMi System for the Design of Tunnel Supports’ Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Tunnelling Tech., India, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 131-142.
6. Samadhiya, N.K., Viladkar, M.N. and Bhargava, Pradeep (2004), ‘Software Package for 3-Dimensional Analysis of Caverns’, Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Tunnelling Tech., India, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 49-76.
7. Samadhiya, N.K., Viladkar, M.N. and Singh, Bhawani (2004), ‘Three Dimensional Analysis of a Powerhouse Cavern in an Anisotropic Rock Mass’, Int. Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Mining Sciences, Elsevier, UK, Vol. 41, No. 3, SUPPL. 1, p 3B 14 1-6.
8. Kumar, Naresh, Samadhiya, N.K. and Anbalagan, R. (2004), ‘Application of Rock Mass Classification Systems for Tunneling in Himalaya, India’, Int. Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Mining Sciences, Elsevier, UK,, Vol. 41, No. 3, SUPPL. 1, p 2B 33 1-6.
9. Venkatesh K., Samadhiya, N.K. and Pandey A. D. (2005), ’Analysis of Barrage Raft Floor on Varying Foundation Media’ Dam Engineering- International Water Power and Dam Construction, Wilmington Publishing, U.K. , Vol XVI, Issue 2, pp. 153-167.
- Samadhiya, N.K. and Mahesh Babu P. N. V. (2006) ‘Slope stability Analysis using Non- Linear Strength Failure Strength Criterion’, Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Tunnelling Tech., India, Vol. 12, No.1, pp. 21-39.
- Singh, A.K. and Samadhiya, N.K. (2006), ‘ Computer Analysis and Design of
Ring Foundation’ Civil Engineering and Construction Review, India’s Leading Monthly on Methods, Materials & Machinery, Foundations Special, February 2006, pp.31-40.
- Kumar, Naresh, Samadhiya, N.K. and Anbalagan, R. (2006), ”New SRF Values for Moderately Jointed Rocks ” Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Tunnelling Tech., India, Vol. 12, No.2, pp. 111-122.
- Singh, A. K., Mishra, G. C., Samadhiya, N.K. and Ojha C. S. P. (2006),’ Design of a Rigid Cutoff Wall’ International Journal of Geomechanics , American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 6, No.4, pp. 215-225.
- Samadhiya, N.K., (2007),”Constitutive Laws for Jointed Rock Mass” Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Tunnelling Tech., India, Vol. 13, No.2 pp. 77-92.
- Moataz A. Al-Obaydi, Samadhiya, N.K. and Viladkar, M.N. (2008),”Nonlinear Analysis of Nathpa Jhakri Powerhouse Cavern - A Case Study” Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Tunnelling Tech., India, Vol. 14, No.1 pp. 23-45.
- Samadhiya, N.K., Viladkar, M.N. and Moataz A. Al-Obaydi, (2008),“Numerical Implementation of Anisotropic Continuum Model for Rock Masses ” International Journal of Geomechanics, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 8, No.2, pp. 157-161.
- Samadhiya, N.K., Maheshwari Priti, Basu Partha and Kumar Mani Bhushan, (2008),“Load - Settlement Characteristics of Granular Piles with Randomly Mixed Fibres”, Indian Geotech. Journal, Vol.38, No.3, pp. 335-344 .
- Samadhiya, N. K., Viladkar, M. N. and Moataz A. Al-Obaydi (2008), “3-D Joint/Interface Element for Rough Undulating Major Discontinuities in Rock Masses” International Journal of Geomechanics, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 8, No. 6 , pp. 327-335.
- Venkatesh, K., Samadhiya, N. K. and Pandey, A. D. ,(2009) "Response of Raft
Foundation on Varying Stratum" International
Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering (Civil Engineering), Vol. 1, No.6,
- Samadhiya, N.K., Maheshwari, Priti, Zsaki, A., Basu, Partha and Kundu, Ayan (2009) “Strengthening of Clay by Geogrid Reinforced Granular Pile”. International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering. J. Ross Publishing, Inc., U.S.A. Vol., 3 No.3, July, 2009, pp.377-386.
- Singh, A. K., Samadhiya, N.K. and Mishra, G. C. (2009),’ A New Approach for Determination of Forces on a Sheet Pile Cut Off Wall’ Dam Engineering- International Water Power and Dam Construction, Wilmington Publishing, U.K., Vol XX, Issue 3, pp. 255-273.
- Oberoi, K. S., Maheshwari, Priti and Samadhiya, N.K., (2010) “Otimum Spacing and Depth of Bottom most Geogrid Layer on Load Enhancement of Geogrid-Reinforced Granular Pile”, Journal of the Institution of Military Engineers, SAPPER, Vol.22 ,No1., April , 2010, pp.37-46.
- Deb, Kousik, Samadhiya, N. K. and Jagtap Babasaheb (2011), ’Laboratory Model Studies on Unreinforced and Geogrid-Reinforced Sand Bed over Stone Column-improved Soft Clay’ Geotextiles and Geomembranes, Vol. 29 ,Issue 2.,pp. 190-196.
- Bhattacharya, D., Ghosh, J.K., Boccardo, P. and Samadhiya, N.K., (2011), “Wireless Hazard Communication System”, Journal of Systems and Information Technology, Emerald Publishing (United Kingdom), Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 408-424.
- Bindlish, A., Singh, M. and Samadhiya, N.K. (2012),’An Experimental Study on Ultimate Bearing Capacity of Foundation in Anisotropic Rock Masses‘,Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Tunnelling Tech., India, Vol. 18, No.2 pp. 79-76.
- Bindlish, A., Singh, M. and Samadhiya, N.K. (2012),’Ultimate Bearing Capacity of Shallow Foundations on Jointed Rock Mass‘,Indian Geotech. Journal, DOI 10.1007/s40098-012-0011-9. Vol. 42, Issue 3, pp. 169-178.
- Ghosh, J., Bhattacharya, D., Samadhiya, N. and Boccardo, P.
(2012). A generalized geo-hazard warning system. Natural Hazards.
Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, DOI:10.1007/s11069-012-0296-0. Volume 64, Issue 2, pp. 1273-1289.
- Bhattacharya, D., Ghosh, J.K. and Samadhiya, N.K., (2012), “A Review of Geo-Hazard Warning Systems towards Development of a Popular Usage Geo-Hazard Warning Communication System”, Natural Hazards Review, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 13, No.4 , pp.260-271. http://www.springerlink.com/openurl.asp?genre=article&id=doi:10.1007/s11069- 012-0296-0
- Bindlish, A., Singh, M. and Samadhiya, N.K. (2013),’Modelling of Bearing Capacity of Shallow Foundations resting on Jointed Rock Mass‘,Indian Geotech. Journal, DOI 10.1007/s40098-013-0065-3. Vol.43, Issue 3, pp. 251-266, Springer India
- Basu Partha, Samadhiya N. K., Dalal S. S. De (2013),’ An Experimental Study on Granular Pile with Sand Pad’, River Behaviour and Control, Journal of the River Research Institute, West Bengal, Vol. 33, pp. 43-60.
- Mehndiratta S., Sawant V.A. and Samadhiya N. K., (2014), ‘Nonlinear Dynamic analysis of Laterally Loaded Pile, Structural Engineering and Mechanics An International Journal, Vol. 49, No. 4, pp. 479-489.
- Verma, H.K., Samadhiya, N.K., Singh, M. and Prasad, V.V.R. (2014). Blast Induced Damage to Surrounding Rock Mass in an Underground Excavation, International Journal of Geological Resources and Engineering (IJGRE), USA, January, Vol. 2, No.1 (2014), pp 13- 19.
- Verma, H.K., Samadhiya, N.K., Singh, M. and Prasad, V.V.R. (2014). Investigation of Excavation Damage Zone in Himalayan Tunnel. Jr. of Mines, Metal and Fuels, Vol. 62, No. 7, pp. 196 - 200.
- Ghosh J. K., Bhattacharya, D, Boccardo P. and Samadhiya N. K. (2015), “Automated Geo-Spatial Hazard Warning System GEOWARNS: Italian Case Study”, J. Computing in Civ. Engg American Soc. of Civ. Engg., Vol. 29 Issue 5, 04014065 (1-18).
- Singh, M., Samadhiya, N.K., Kumar Ajit, Kumar Vivek and Singh Bhawani (2015),’A Non Linear Criterion for Triaxial Strength of Inherently Anisotropic Rocks’, Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, Vol. 48, pp. 1387-1405. DOI 10.1007/s00603-015-0708-z, Springer
- Tiwari. G. and Samadhiya, N.K., (2015), ‘Factors Influencing the Distribution of Peak Tension in Geosynthetic Reinforced Soil Slopes,’ Indian Geotech. Journal, DOI 10.1007/s40098-015-0147-5, Vol. 46, Issue 1, pp. 34-44, Springer India
- Verma, H.K. Samadhiya, N.K., Singh, M. and Goel, R.K. (2015). ‘Extent of Rock Mass Damage induced by Blasting', Special publication Journal of Engineering Geology, October, New Delhi, pp.946-958
- Verma, H.K., Samadhiya, N.K., Singh, M. Prasad, V.V.R. and Goel R. K. (2016), “Investigations of Rockmass Damage Induced by Blasting in Tunnelling”Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Tunnelling Tech., India, Vol. 22, No.1 pp. 49-61.
- Hasan, M. and Samadhiya, N. K. (2016) “Experimental and Numerical Analysis of Geosynthetic-Reinforced Floating Granular Piles in Soft Clays” International Journal of Geosynthetics and Ground Engineering, 2: 22, pp. 1-13
- Singh Manendra, Viladkar M. N. and Samadhiya N.K. (2017). Seismic Analysis of Delhi Metro Underground Tunnels. Indian Geotechnical Journal, Vol. 47, No.1, pp. 67-83. (DOI- 10.1007/s40098-016-0203-9.
- Singh Manendra, Viladkar M. N. and Samadhiya N.K. (2017).Seismic Response of Metro Underground Tunnels. International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering. International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering. J. Ross Publishing, Inc., U.S.A. Vol., 11 No.2, pp.175-185.
- Basu Partha, Samadhiya N.K. and Dalal S S De (2016), ‘An Experimental Study on Random Fiber Mixed Granular Pile’, International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering. Taylor & Francis, DOI-10.1080/19386362.2016.1235813.Published online: 1 October 2016.
- Hasan, M. and Samadhiya, N. K. (2016) ‘Soft Soils Improvement by Granular Piles Reinforced with Horizontal Geogrid Strips’
International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Taylor & Francis, DOI: 10.1080/19386362.2016.1252139. Published online: 17 November 2016.
- Hasan, M. and Samadhiya, N. K. (2017),’Performance of Geosynthetic-Reinforced Granular Piles in Soft Clays: Model Tests and Numerical Analysis,’ Computers and Geotechnics, Vol. 87 pp.178–187.
- Rukhaiyar S., Alam M. N. and Samadhiya, N. K. (2017),’A PSO-ANN Hybrid Model for Predicting Factor of Safety of Slope’, International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Taylor & Francis, DOI: 10.1080/19386362.2017.1305652 Published online: 24 March 2017.
- Rukhaiyar S. and Samadhiya, N. K. (2017),’A Polyaxial Strength Model for Intact Sandstone based on Artificial Neural Network’, Int. Jnl. of Rock. Mech. and Mining Sciences, Elsevier, UK, Vol. 95, pp. 26-47.
- Rukhaiyar S. and Samadhiya, N. K. (2017),’A Strength Behaviour of Sandstone Subjected to Polyaxial State of Stress’,. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology (IJMST-D-16-00120) (accepted)
- Rukhaiyar S. and Samadhiya, N. K. (2017),’Strength Behaviour of Rocks under Cyclic loading’ Indian Geotechnical Journal, Vol. , No., pp. . (DOI- 10.1007/s40098-017-0238-6). (accepted)
- Rukhaiyar S. and Samadhiya, N. K. (2017),’ Triaxial Behaviour of Rockmass satisfying Modified Mohr Coulomb and Generalised Hoek and Brown Criteria’,. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology (IJMST-2017_71) (accepted)
- 07 video lectures, on Shallow Foundations, recorded for ETC, IIT Roorkee. These lectures will be uploaded on internet under â€œ National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)â€ funded by MHRD, GOI. It is a joint venture by seven IITs and IISc., * Staff Advisor, Cricket, University Sports Association, Roorkee (1992-1994) * Staff Advisor, Students Chapter (Civil Engg.), Institution of Engineers (I)(1992-1998) * Warden, Ravindra Bhawan Mess, UOR, Roorkee (1998-2001) * Staff Advisor, Program Mangmt, Cultural Council, IIT, Roorkee(2001- 2006) * Member IITR, Staff Cricket Team in Inter IIT- Staff Sports Meets (2004, 2005) * Chief Warden, Ravindra Bhawan , IIT Roorkee (Jan 2007- till now) * Staff Advisor, Cricket, IIT Roorkee, Sports Association (Jan 2008-till now)