- Notice for Ph.D Admission Autumn Semester 2019-20 Examination Posted On: 18 Apr, 2019
- PhD Admission 19- "Additional list" of shortlisted candidates and details regarding hostel accommodation Posted On: 16 Apr, 2019
- Hands-on Training on Nanobiotechnology (Nanobio: 2019), from May 6 (Mon) to 10 (Friday), 2019 Posted On: 09 Apr, 2019
- PhD Shortlisted candidates' list- Autumn admission 2019-20 Posted On: 03 Apr, 2019
- Syllabus and Sample question paper for Written test Posted On: 03 Apr, 2019
A Centre of Biosciences was started in 1980 and upgraded to a full-fledged academic Department of Biosciences and Biotechnology in 1986. It was renamed as the Department of Biotechnology in the year 2002. The department has teaching and research programmes which encompass various basic and applied aspects of modern biotechnology. The main objective of the Department is to provide academic training and conduct research in the interdisciplinary areas of biotechnology with a particular emphasis on extending the knowledge generated from these studies towards the development of technologies of commercial significance. The M.Sc.(Biotechnology) course of the Department is being funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. A B.Tech.(Biotechnology) course has been started in 2005.
Glimpses of G N Ramachandran Memorial Lecture - 30 Oct, 2018
Swachchhta Pakhwada - 2 Oct, 2018