Barthwal, Ritu, (Mrs)
Areas of Interest
- Molecular Biophysics, Structure, Conformation and Interaction of biomolecules by NMR/other techniques
|2017||continuing||Emeritus Fellow||Dept. Biotechnology, IIT Roorkee|
|2009||2017||Professor (HAG)||Department of Biotechnology, IIT Roorkee|
|1996||2009||Professor||Department of Biotechnology, IIT Roorkee|
|1986||1996||Reader||Department of Biotechnology, IIT Roorkee/University of Roorkee|
|1981||1986||Lecturer||Department of Biotechnology, IIT Roorkee/University of Roorkee|
|1977||1981||Lecturer||Department of Biophysics & Crystallography, University of Madras, Guindy Campus,Madras|
|1976||1977||CSIR Scientists Pool Officer||School of Environmental Sciences, Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi|
|1984||1985||Guest Scientist||Abteilung Physiologische Chemie, RWTH Aachen University, Germany|
|1981||1981||Post Doc Fellow||Centre Biophysique Moleculaire CNRS Orleans France|
Honors and Awards
|Most Inspiring Women Scientist/Engineer of India||IIT Roorkee||2014|
|UGC National Associate||University of Roorkee / Univ. of Madras||1979-1984|
|National Science Talent Search Scholarship (NSTS).||NCERT, Govt. of India||1967-1976|
|M.Sc. Hons. School||Physics||Panjab University Chandigarh||1972|
|B.Sc. Hons. School||Physics||Panjab University Chandigarh||1971|
|2008||2011||Head of the Department||Dept. Biotech. IIT Roorkee|
|1994||1997||Head of the Department||Dept. Biotech. IIT Roorkee|
|1988||1991||Head of the Department||Dept. Biotech. IIT Roorkee|
|2006||2016||Coordinator||NMR Facilty (A Unit) , IIT Roorkee|
|2012||2016||Chairman Institute Bio-Safety Committee IBSC||IIT Roorkee|
|2012||2016||Presiding Officer, Internal Complaints Committee ICC for Sexual Harassment of Women at Work Place||IIT Roorkee|
|2002||2007||Chief Vigilance Officer CVO||IIT Roorkee|
|2013||2015||Chairman Institute Purchase Comittee||IIT Roorkee|
|2011||2014||• Chairman, Panel of Screening/Selection Committees, Sponsored Project Staff||IIT Roorkee|
|1981||1984||• Warden, Sarojini Bhawan (Girls Hostel)||IIT Roorkee|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Flavonoids and their interaction with a human telomeric G-quadruplex sequence for anticancer therapy||DST||2010|
|"NMR Structural and Biophysical Studies on ligand (anthraquinone derivatives)-G quadruplexes||Dept. Biotechnology DBT, Govt. of India||2017|
|Search for therapeutic agents of herbal origin to target diabetes and cancer||Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India,||2007|
|4. Molecular Modeling of drug-DNA complexes||MHRD||2004|
|Molecular modeling of drug-DNA complexes||DAE-BRNS||1999|
|Anticancer drug designing based on study of drug-DNA complexes by NMR spectroscopy||CSIR||1999|
|Design of anticancer drugs based on drug-DNA interactions and molecular modeling||CDAC Pune||2001|
|Unusual DNA structures, R& D in Biotechnology||AICTE||1995|
|Nucleic acid interactions with specific oligo-peptides and drugs||DST||1988|
|Bio-molecular interactions An NMR, theoretical and spectroscopic investigations of DNA interaction||DST||1984|
Participation in seminars
|2nd International Conference on Bioscience and Biotechnology 2017||Colombo, Sri Lanka||Univ.Jayewardenepur and Univ Kent||Mar 2017|
|19th SUNYA Conversation- Intl Conference on Biomolecular structure-conformation||SUNY Albany USA||SUNY Albany USA||Jun 2015|
|9th Asian Biophysics Association Symposium||Shangyu, Hangzhou, China||Asian Biphysical Society||May 2015|
|17th SUNYA Conversation- Intl Conference on Biomolecular structure-conformation,||SUNY Albany USA||SUNY Albany USA||Jun 2013|
|7th Asian Biophysics Association Symposium||India Intl Centre New Delhi||Asian Biophysical Society||Jan 2011|
|XXIV International Conference on Magnetic Resonance in Biological Systems||Cairns Australia||Intl Society Mag Res in Biol Systems||Aug 2010|
|16th International Biophysics Congress||Long Beach California USA||Intl Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics IUPAB||Feb 2008|
|Bruker Avance 1D & 2D NMR and Maintenance Courses||Fallanden Switzerland||Bruker Biospin Switzerland||Sep 2006|
|XXI International Conference on Magnetic Resonance in Biological Systems||Hyderabad India||Intl Soc Mag Res in Biol Systems ICMRBS||Jan 2005|
|International Indo-Russian Workshop “High Performance Computing in Science and Engineering||Moscow Russia||DSt (ILTP)||june 2003|
|XIII International Biophysics Congress||New Delhi||Intl Union of Pure and Applied biophysics IUPAB||Sep 1999|
|XVIIIth International Conference on Magnetic Resonance in Biological Systems||Tokyo, Japan||Intl Soc Mag Res in Biol Systems ICMRBS||Aug 1998|
|XVII International Conference on Magnetic Resonance in Biological Systems||Keystone, Colarado USA||Intl Soc Mag Res in Biol Systems ICMRBS||Aug 1996|
|16th International Congress in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology||New Delhi||Intl Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology IUBMB||Sep 1994|
|XII International Conference on Magnetic Resonance in Biological Systems||Todtmoos, Germany||Intl Soc Mag Res in Biol Systems ICMRBS||Sep 1986|
|6th Ampere International School on Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in Biology||Leibnitz, Austria||Intl Soc Mag Res in Biol Systems||Sep 1981|
|International Conference on Biophysics||Fort Aguada Beach Resort, Goa, India||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research TIFR Bombay||Dec 1980|
|Indo Italian Workshop on Magnetic Resonance (NMR and EPR)||SG PGI Lucknow||SG Post Graduate Medical Instt Lucknow|
- Indian Biphysical Society IBS, Life Member & Executive committee Member (2006-09)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Society, India, Life Member & Executive CommitteeMember (2006-09)
- DNA Socity of India, Life Member
Research Scholar Groups
|Dr. Anuradha Panwar||Ligand-G Quadruplex DNA Interactions|
|Dr. Kumud Pandav||Ligand-G Quadruplex DNA Interactions|
|ZIa Tariq||Anticancer drug-Tetrahymnena telomeric DNA Interactions|
|Shailaja Raje||Anticancer drug-Human telomeric DNA Interactions|
|Arpita Dey||Anticancer drog-G Quadruplex DNA/RNA Interactions|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Interaction of anthracyclines with human telomeric G-quadruplex DNA||Shailja Raje||O||2014|
|Structural and biophysical studies of interaction of anthracyclines with G-quadruplex DNA||Zia Tariq||O||2013|
|NMR structural and biophysical studies on interaction of alkaloids with G-quadruplex DNA||Kumar Padma priya||A||2011|
|Interaction of Flavonoids and Mitoxantrone with Tetrahymena G-quadruplex DNA sequences||Tarikere Palakshan Pradeep||A||2009|
|Interaction of Luteolin and Mitoxantrone with (Human) G-quadruplex DNA sequences||Sweta Tripathi||A||2009|
|Therapeutic potential of some herbs and structure of berberrubine-DNA complex||Syed Asif Hasan||A||2005|
|Interaction of Palmatine with DNA by spectroscopic and molecular modeling techniques||Kushuma Bisht||A||2004|
|Structural studies of berberine and berberrubine and their interaction with DNA||Lata Chauhan||A||2004|
|Structural studies of Flavonoids and their interaction with duplex and quadruplex DNA||Amit Kumar||A||2004|
|Anthraquinone based anti cancer drug mitoxantrone and its complex with DNA||R Durairaj||A||2003|
|Drug-DNA interactions by spectroscopic and molecular modeling techniques||Prashansa Agrawal||A||2002|
|Structural studies of anticancer drug mitoxantrone and its complex with DNA||Manpreet Kaur Narang||A||2001|
|Study of drug-DNA interactions by NMR spectroscopy||Monica||A||2000|
|Studies on development of membrane sensors and their analytical applications||Anupam||A||1991|
|Studies on glycoprotein enzymes of peanut cotyledon cell membranes||Anu Gupta||A||1991|
|Interaction of anticancerous drug daunomycin with nucleic acids||Uma Sharma||A||1992|
|Interaction of anticancerous drugs with specific oligonucleotides||Nandana Srivastava||A||1992|
|Protein-nucleic acid interactions - Interaction of tyrosine containing model oligopeptides with some||Anita Agrawal||A||1989|
|Protein-nucleic acid interactions||Shrikant Kukreti||A||1985|
|Drug-nucleic acid interactions||Anwer Mujeeb||A||1985|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|International Workshop on Educational and Capacity Building in Biophysics (ECBB)||IUPAB, DST, CSIR, UGC, IIT Roorkee||Feb 2003|
|National Symposium in Biophysics (NSB)||IUPAB, DST, CSIR, UGC, IIT Roorkee||Feb 2003|
National International Collaboration
|Drug-Nucleic Acid Interactions with research Group of Professor Girjesh Govil||Tata Institute of Fundamental research TIFR Bombay||RP|
|NMR Studies of Anti-cancer compounds with Research Group of Prof. N R Jagannathan||All India Institute of Medical Sciences AIIMS, New Delhi||RP|
|NMR based structure of Drug-DNA complexes with research group of Professor Surat Kumar||Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra||RP|
|Molecular Modeling in Drug-DNA Complexes with research group of Dr Pamita Awasthi||NIT Hamirpur||RP|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Affinity of Anticancer Drug Daunomycin toward Tetrahymena Telomeric G‑Quadruplex DNA D‑[GGGG(TTGGGG)3], Zia Tariq and Ritu Barthwal, (American Chemical Society) ACS Omega 4, 6347−6359 (2019).
- Binding of anticancer drug daunomycin to parallel G-quadruplex DNA [d-(TTGGGGT)]4 leads to thermal stabilization: A multi- spectroscopic investigation, Zia Tariq and Ritu Barthwal, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 120B, 1965-1974 (2018).
- Molecular Recognition of Parallel G-quadruplex [d-(TTGGGGT)]4 Containing Tetrahymena Telomeric DNA Sequence by Anticancer Drug Daunomycin: NMR-Based Structure and Thermal Stability, Ritu Barthwal and Zia Tariq, Molecules 23, 2266-2292 (2018).
- NMR based structure reveals groove binding of mitoxantrone to two sites of [d-(TTAGGGT)]4 having human telomeric DNA sequence leading to thermal stabilization of G-quadruplex, Sweta Tripathi and Ritu Barthwal, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 111, 326-341 (2018).
- Structural and biophysical insight into dual site binding of the protoberberine alkaloid palmatine to parallel G-quadruplex DNA using NMR, fluorescence and Circular Dichroism spectroscopy, Kumar Padmapriya and Ritu Barthwal, Biochimie 147, 153-169 (2018).
- NMR based structural studies decipher stacking of the alkaloid coralyne to terminal guanines at two different sites in parallel G-quadruplex DNA, [d(TTGGGGT)]4 and [d(TTAGGGT)]4, Kumar Padmapriya and Ritu Barthwal. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, 1861, 3748 (2017).
- Nuclear magnetic resonance studies reveal stabilization of parallel G-quadruplex DNA [d(T2G4T)]4 upon binding to protoberberine alkaloid coralyne, Kumar Padmapriya and Ritu Barthwal. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 26, 4915-4918 (2016)
- Binding of the alkaloid coralyne to parallel G-quadruplex DNA [d(TTGGGGT)]4 studied by multi-spectroscopic techniques, Kumar Padmapriya and Ritu Barthwal. Biophysical Chemistry, 219, 49-58 (2016).
- Molecular recognition of parallel quadruplex d-(TTGGGGT)4 by mitoxantrone: binding with 1:4 stoichiometry leads to telomerase inhibition, Tarikere Palakshan Pradeep, Sweta Tripathi and Ritu Barthwal. (Royal Society of Chemistry) RSC Advances, 6, 71652-71666 (2016).
- NMR structure of dual site binding of mitoxantrone dimer to opposite grooves of parallel stranded G-quadruplex d-(TTGGGGT)4, Tarikere Palakshan Pradeep and Ritu Barthwal. Biochimie, 128-129, 59-69 (2016).
- A 4:1 stoichiometric binding and stabilization of mitoxantrone-parallel stranded G-quadruplex complex established by spectroscopy techniques, Tarikere Palakshan Pradeep and Ritu Barthwal. J. Photobiol. Photochem. B, 162, 106-114 (2016).
- Molecular recognition of parallel DNA quadruplex d-(TTAGGGT)4 by mitoxantrone: Binding with 1:2 stoichiometry leading to thermal stabilization and telomerase inhibition. Sweta Tripathi, Tarikere Palakshan Pradeep and Ritu Barthwal. Chem Bio Chem. 17, 554-560 (2016).
- Shoot cultures of Hoppea fastigiata (Griseb.) CB Clarke as potential source of neuroprotective xanthones. Moon, Utkarsh Ravindra, Debabrata Sircar, Ritu Barthwal, Sukanta Kumar Sen, Till Beuerle, Ludger Beerhues, and Adinpunya Mitra, Journal of Natural Medicines (2015): 1-12. Online
- Comparative in silico and in vitro Study of N-(1-Methyl-2-Oxo-2-N-Methyl Anilino-Ethyl) Benzene Sulfonamide and Its Analogues as an Anticancer Agent. Awasthi, P., Kirna, S. D., Vatsal, M., & Barthwal, R., World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Chemical, Molecular, Nuclear, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, 9(3), 443-446 (2015).
- NMR based structure of anticancer drug mitoxantrone stacked with terminal base pair of DNA hexamer sequence d-(ATCGAT)2, Shilpa Dogra, Pamita Awasthi, Sweta Tripathi, T P Pradeep, Maya S Nair and Ritu Barthwal, J. Biomol. Struct. Dynamics, 32 (2014) 1164-1183.
- SA Hassan, R Barthwal, SR Padmadeo, OM Barukab (2014) Restriction Inhibition Assay: A Qualitative and Quantitative Method to Screen Sequence Specific DNA Binder from Herbal Plants, Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 13 (2), 267-273.
- Multispectroscopic methods reveal different modes of interaction of anticancer drug mitoxantrone with Poly (dG-dC).Poly(dG-dC) and Poly(dA-dT).Poly(dA-dT), Pamita Awasthi, Shilpa Dogra, and Ritu Barthwal, J. Photo Chemistry & Photo Biology B : Biology 127, 78-87 (2013).
- Interaction of anticancer drug Mitoxantrone with DNA hexamer sequence d-(CTCGAG)2 by Absorption, Fluorescence and Circular Dichroism Spectroscopy, Shilpa Dogra, Pamita Awasthi, Maya Nair and Ritu Barthwal, J. Photo Chemistry & Photo Biology B : Biology 123, 48-54 (2013).
- Comparative Molecular Modeling Study of Binding of Mitoxantrone with d-(ATCGAT)2 and d-(CTCGAG)2 Hexamer DNA Sequences, Shilpa Dogra, Pamita Awasthi and Ritu Barthwal, International Journal of Current Research and Review, Manuscript code IJCRRNOV1230, ISSN: 2231-2196 (Print), ISSN: 0975-5241(Online) 2013.
- Interaction of Mitoxantrone and its Analogs with Methylated and Non-methylated CpG Islands in Tetrameric DNA Sequences: A Molecular Modeling Study, Pamita Awasthi, Shilpa Dogra, Lalit K. Awasthi and Ritu Barthwal, International Journal of Drug Design and Discovery 4, 1056-1064 (2013).
- A Qualitative and Quantitative Assay to Study DNA/Drug Interaction Based on Sequence Selective Inhibition of Restriction Endonucleases, Syed A Hassan, Lata Chauhan, Ritu Barthwal and Aparna Dixit,Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 11, 721-727 (2012).
- Aqueous Bark Extract of Cinnamomum Zeylanicum: A Potential Therapeutic Agent for Streptozotocin-Induced Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM) Rats, Syed A Hassan, Ritu Barthwal, Maya S Nair and Syed S Haque, Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 11, 429-435 (2012).
- DNA Binding studies of Vinca Alkaloids: experimental and Computational Evidence, Prateek Pandya, Surendra P Gupta, Kumud Pandav, Ritu Barthwal, B. Jayaram and Surat Kumar, Natural Product Communications, 7, No. 3, 305-309 (2012).
- Structure determination of DNA duplexes by NMR, K Pandav, P. Pandya, R. Barthwal, and S. Kumar, in Chemistry of Phytopotentials: Health, Energy and Environmental Perspectives, Eds. L. D. Khemani, M. M. Srivastava and S. Srivastava, Springer Verlag Berlin, Chap 33, 155-158 (2012)
- Methylene Linker Assisted DNA Binding of Vinblastine and Simpler analogs: purine – Pyrimidine Specificity of Indole Derivatives, Surendra prakash Gupta, Kumud Pandav, prateek Pandya, G. Suresh Kumar, Ritu Barthwal and Surat Kumar, Chemistry and Biology Interface 1, No. 2, 297-309 (2011).
- Modeling of HIV-1 TAR RNA-Ligand Complexes. Mitrasinovic PM, Tomar JS, Nair MS, Barthwal R. Medicinal Chemistry 7, 301-308 (2011).
- Molecular modeling study of interaction of anthracenedione class of drug mitoxantrone and its analogs with DNA tetrameric sequences. Pamita Awasthi , Shilpa Dogra , Lalit Kumar Awasthi, Ritu Barthwal Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 696, 385-400 (2011) Chapter 39, Springer Verlag .
- Solution studies on the complex of 4’-epiadriamycin-d-(CGATCG)2 followed by time-resolved fluorescence measurement, diffusion ordered spectroscopy and restrained molecular dynamics simulations. Prashansa Agrawal, Sudhir Kumar Barthwal, Girjesh Govil and Ritu Barthwal Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 17, 2793–2811 (2009).
- Studies on the complex of Adriamycin-d-(TGATCA)2 by Proton Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy, Time-resolved Fluorescence Measurement and Restrained Molecular Dynamics Simulations. Prashansa Agrawal, Sudhir Kumar Barthwal, Girjesh Govil and Ritu Barthwal. Journal of Molecular Structure 932, 67-83 (2009).
- Studies on Self-aggregation of Anthracycline Drugs by Restrained Molecular Dynamics approach using Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy supported by Absorption, Fluorescence, Diffusion Ordered Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry. Prashansa Agrawal, Sudhir Kumar Barthwal and Ritu Barthwal. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 44, 1437-1451 (2009).
- Studies on drug-DNA complexes adriamycin – d (TGATCA)2 and 4’-epiadriamycin-d-(CGATCG)2 by phopsphorus-31 nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Prashansa Agrawal, Girjesh Govil and Ritu Barthwal. Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry, 47, 390–397 (2009).
- Structural elucidation of 4’-epiadriamycin by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and comparison with adriamycin and daunomycin using quantum mechanical and restrained molecular dynamics. Ritu Barthwal, Prashansa Agrawal, A.N. Tripathi, Uma Sharma, N.R. Jagannathan and Girjesh Govil. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 474, 48-64 (2008).
- Quantum chemical and nuclear magnetic resonance spectral studies on molecular properties and electronic structure of palmatine molecule. A.N. Tripathi, Kushuma Bisht, P.P. Thankanchan and Ritu Barthwal. Journal of Molecular Structure, 878, 139-148 (2008).
- Quantum chemical and nuclear magnetic resonance spectral studies on molecular properties and electronic structure of berberine and berberrubine. A.N. Tripathi, Lata Chauhan, P.P. Thankanchan and Ritu Barthwal. Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry 45, 647-655 (2007).
- Structure of daunomycin complexed to deoxyhexanucleotide d-TGATCA by two dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Ritu Barthwal, Uma Sharma, Nandana Srivastava, Monica, Pamita Awasthi, Manpreet Kaur, S.K. Barthwal and Girjesh Govil, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 41, 27-39 ( 2006).
- Restrained molecular dynamics study of adriamycin complexed to deoxyhexanucleotide d-CGATCG. Monica, S. K. Barthwal, Ritu Barthwal and Girjesh Govil, Archives of Biochemistry & Biophysics 439, 12-24 (2005).
- Structure of DNA hexamer sequence d-TGATCA by two dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and restrained molecular dynamics. Ritu Barthwal, Pamita Awasthi,, Monica, Uma Sharma, , Nandana Srivastava, Manpreet Kaur, S.K. Barthwal and Girjesh Govil, Journal of Structural Biology 148, 34-50 (2004).
- Structure of DNA hexamer sequence d-CGATCG by two dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and restrained molecular dynamics. Ritu Barthwal, Monica, Pamita Awasthi,, Nandana Srivastava, Uma Sharma, Manpreet Kaur and Girjesh Govil, Journal of Biomolecular Structure & Dynamics 21, 817-839 (2003).
- Ritu Barthwal, Conformational flexibity of d-CpG and d-TpG steps of DNA and their recognition by ligands, in Recent Trends in Biophysical Research, M Maiti, G, Suresh Kumar and S. Das, Eds. Double A Work Station, 105 Park Street Kolkata Indiapp36-45 (2003).
- A 500 MHz proton NMR study of interaction of tetrapeptide Lys-Trp-Gly-Lys OtBu and tripeptide Lys-Tyr-Lys with deoxy dinucleotide d-GpC. Ritu Barthwal, Shrikant Kukreti, Anwer Mujeeb and Girjesh Govil, Quart. Magnetic Resonance in Biology and Medicine 3, 225-238 (1995).
- A proton nuclear magnetic resonance investigation of the conformation of daunomycin. Ritu Barthwal, Anwer Mujeeb, Nandana Srivastava and Uma Sharma, Chemico-Biol. Interactions 100, 125-139 (1995).
- A 500 MHz proton NMR study of conformation of Adriamycin. Ritu Barthwal, Nandana Srivastava, Uma Sharma and Girjesh Govil, Journal of Molecular Structure 327, 201-220 (1994).
- A 500 MHz proton NMR studies of interaction of tetrapeptide Lys‑Trp‑Gly‑Lys OtBu with deoxy dinucleotide d‑CpG. Ritu Barthwal, Girjesh Govil, Satish Kumar Singh, Shrikant Kukreti and Anwer Mujeeb, Quart. Magnetic Resonance in Biology and Medicine 1, 17-22 (1994).
- Interaction of daunomycin with deoxydinucleotide d‑CpG by two dimensional NMR techniques. Ritu Barthwal, Anwer Mujeeb and Girjesh Govil, Archives of Biochemistry & Biophysics 313, 189-205 (1994).
- Theoretical studies on intercalation of actinomycin between base pairs of dinucleotide model systems. Ritu Barthwal, Anwer Mujeeb, and Girjesh Govil, Journal of Indian Chemical Society 70, 929-938 (1993).
- A 500 MHz proton NMR study of binding of the tripeptide Lys‑Tyr‑Lys with tetradeoxynucleotides d‑CpCpGpG and d-CpGpCpG, Ritu Barthwal, Shrikant Kukreti, Anwer Mujeeb and Girjesh Govil, MAGMA 1, 145-157 (1993).
- A 500 MHz proton NMR study of binding of tripeptide Lys‑Tyr‑Lys with deoxy dinucleotide d‑CpG. Ritu Barthwal, Shrikant Kukreti and Anwer Mujeeb, Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics 29, 394‑401 (1992).
- A 500 MHz proton NMR study of stacking interactions: Binding of tripeptide Lys‑Tyr‑Lys to tetradeoxynucleotide d‑GpCpGpC. R. Barthwal, A. Mujeeb, S. Kukreti, A. Gupta and G. Govil, Journal of Molecular Recognition 4, 45‑52 (1991).
- One dimensional and two dimensional proton NMR studies on actinomycin D. Anwer Mujeeb and Ritu Barthwal, Intl. Journal of Magnetic. Resonance in Biology and Medicine 1, 1‑7 (1991).
- Kumar, A. & Barthwal, R., Hexavalent chromium effects on hematological indices in rats. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 46 (5), 761-768 (1991).
- Proton magnetic resonance studies of the binding of oligopeptides containing tryptophan to polyribonucleotides Poly A, Poly U and Poly C. Ritu Barthwal, Gerard Lancelot, Anjna Agarwal, Anwer Mujeeb and Shrikant Kukreti, Physiol. Chem. Phys. & Medical NMR 20, 145‑159 (1988).
- Interaction of tryptophan containing oligopeptides with d‑CGCG by proton NMR. Ritu Barthwal, Anjna Agarwal, Shrikant Kukreti and Anwer Mujeeb, Physiol. Chem. Phys. & Medical NMR 19, 125‑139 (1987).
- In vitro proton T1 and T2 studies on rat liver: Analysis of multi exponential relaxation processes. R.Barthwal, M.Hohn-Berlage and K.Gersonde, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine 3, 863-875 (!986).