- Molecular Biology & Proteomics,Biologically active Plant Products (proteins & Gluco-conjugates), Imm, Molecular Biology & Proteomics,Biologically active Plant Products (proteins & Gluco-conjugates), Imm
|B.Sc(honrs)||Chemistry||Banaras Hindu University,Varanasi,India||1982|
|M.Phil,Pre Ph.D||Molecular Biology,Immunology||J.N.U.,New Delhi,India||1987|
|Ph.D||Cell & Molecular Biology||J.N.U.,New Delhi,India||1993|
|M.Sc.||Biochemistry||Banaras Hindu University,Varanasi,India||1985|
- Pereira BMJ, Parul Pruthi, Prasad R. (2002). Glycosyl phasphatidyl inositol (GPI) anchored molecules on mammalian spermatozoa. In: Introduction to mammalian Reproduction, Tulsiani DRP (ed). Kluwer Academic Publishers, MA, USA.pp114 -126.
- Garima, S, Pereira, B.M.J, and Ramasare Prasad (2006). Degradation of polyethylene film strips by soil fungal isolates. In Modern Multidisciplinary Applied Microbiology: Exploring Microbes and their Interactions. Mendez-Vilas, Antonio (ed), Wiley-VCH, Weinheim Publication. PP- 500-506.
3. Ramasare Prasad, Seema Parveen and Ashish Deep Gupta. (2008). Arabinogalactan and Arabinogalactan-protein complexes (AGPs) a natural plant derived macromolecule of therapeutic importance. In Recent Advances in Plant Biotechnology and Its Applications Ed by Ashwani Kumar and Sudhir K. Sopory, Publisher I.K. International, New Delhi. PP 582-593.
4. Nilesh Kumar Sharma, Sreela Dey and Ramasare Prasad (2008). Antioxidant potential of plants and their impact on human health. In Recent Advances in Plant Biotechnology and Its Applications Ed by Ashwani Kumar and Sudhir K. Sopory, Publisher I.K. International, New Delhi. PP 564-581.
(A) List of Publications in Journals:
1. Bhattacharya, A., Ramasare Prasad and David Sacks (1992). Identification and characterization of a Lipophosphoglycan like molecules from a pathogenic strain of Entamoeba hystolytica. Mol. and Biochem. Parasitol. 56, 161-168.
2. Ramasare Prasad, Tola, M., Bhattacharya, S., Sharma, M.P. and Bhattacharya, A. (1992). Recognition of Entamoeba lipophosphoglycan by monoclonal antibody specifically recognizing pathogenic strain. Mol. and Biochem. Parasitol. 56, 279-288.
3. Bhattacharya, A., Gildayal, R., Prasad R., Bhattacharya, S. and Diamond, L.S. (1992). Modulation of a surface antigen of Entamoeba histolytica in response to bacteria. Infect. and Immun., 60, (4), 1711-1713.
4. Bhattacharya, A., Bhattacharya, S., Ramasare Prasad and Gildayal, R. (1993). Cell-surface lipophosphoglycan of Entamoeba hystolytica. Proc. Natl. Sci. Acad., India, 25, 135-145.
5. Prasad, R., Krishnamurthy, S., Vinita, G. and Prasad, Ramasare (1995). Multidrug resistance in Candida albicans. ACTA Biochemica Polonica. 42 (4), 145-152.
6. Krishnamurthy S, Chatterjee U, Gupta V, Prasad R, Das P, Snehlata P, Husnain S E and Prasad R (1998). Deletion of transmembrane domain of CDR1, a multidrug transporter from Candida albicans, leads to alter drug specificity: _expression of a yeast multidrug transporter in baculovirus _expression system Yeast, 14, 535-550.
7. Prasad R, Krishnamurthy S, Gupta V, Snehlata P, Prasad R. (1998). Expression of CDR1, a multidrug resistance gene of Candida albicans: Transcriptional activation by heat shock, drugs and human steroid hormones. FEMS Microbiol., 160 (2), 191-197.
8. Huchinson TE, Kumar P, Prasad R and Pereira BMJ (2000). Identification strategy for glycosyl-phasphatidyl inositol (GPI) anchored proteins from goat epididymalsperm. Int. J. Urology, 7(spl), S-73.
9. Prasad R and Srivastva V (2000). Molecular and biochemical changes in Arachis hypogea under salinity stress.Chinease J. Biochem. and Mol. Biol., 15, Oct (spl ) , 63.
10. Gaur M, Srivastva N, Prasad R, Pereira BMJ (2000). Evidence for the ionic modulation of beta-galactosidase purified from goat epididymis. J Anim. Morphol and Physiol, 47 (1&2), 25-32.
11. Gaur M, Pruthi V, Prasad R, Pereira BMJ (2000). Induced coupled plasma (ICP) emission spectroscopic and flame photometric analysis of goat epididymal luminal fluid. Asian J. Androl., 2(4), 288-292.
12. Prasad R (2000). Recognition of immunodominant antigens from Mycobacterium smegmatis by polyclonal monospecific antibodies and their cross reactivity with other species. Proceedings 5th international meeting on Molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics of infectious diseases (MEEGID), Hyderbad, India. J. Infection Genetics and Evolution. (spl) abstract-56, P-35.
13. Prasad R, Yadav G (2001). A 75 kDa highly immunodominant antigen from M. smegmatis, its cross reactivity with other species. Ind . J. Exp. Biol. 39, 255-262.
14. Prasad R (2001). Molecular relationship among different mycobacterial species based on immuno cross reactivity, 2-D fingerprints of whole proteins and nucleic acid hybridization. Recent Advances in Molecular Biology, Allergy and Immunology. Edited by . Ramchand C.N., MPN Nair and Bonny Pilo, SUN PHARMA Pvt Ltd, and State university New York Baffalo, USA. Allied Publishers, P50-64.
15. Garg DK and Prasad R (2001). The study of chemical constituent in silken styles of corn (Zea maize). A clinical review. Adv. In Biosc, 40, 1-8.
16. Huchintion TE, Dwivedi K, Rastogi A, Prasad R, Perieira BMJ (2002). N-acetyl D-glucosaminidase is not attched to human sperm membrane through the glycosylphosphatidyl inositol (GPI)-anchore. Asian J Androl., 4, 24-33.
17. Pereira BMJ, Pruthi V, Prasad R (2001). Exploring the potential of herbal drugs for the development of the pharmaceutical sector in the state of Uttaranchal. Proc. All India Seminar on infrastructural development in Uttaranchal, problem & prospects. pp-172-183.
18. Huchintion TE, Prasad R, Pereira BMJ (2002). GPI-anchored molecules shelter sperm from macrophages. Proceedings SRBCEXX ,2001.
19. Pereira BMJ and Prasad R (2001). Herbalism: The next generation reproductive biomedicine. J. Endocrinol. Reprod. 5: 40-50.
20. Parveen,S, Gupta,A D and Prasad R (2003). Isolation and purification of arabinogalactan proteins (AGPs) and like molecules from Catharanthus roseus and its antifungal potentials. In Proceedings of National Symposium on Biochemical Sciences, Health and Environmental aspects. Ed by Satya Prakash , Allied Publishers PVT Limited, Agra, India , (2003), 391-394.
21. Parveen, S. and Prasad, R. (2005). Antimicrobial potentials of Thymus vulgaris. In Proceedings of the 7th National symposium on Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology , IIT Delhi, March 11-12, 2005, pp -6-7.
22. Hutchinson, T.E., Rastogi, A., Prasad, R. and Pereira, B.M.J. (2005). Phospholipase-C sensitive GPI-anchored proteins of goat sperm: possible role in spermprotection. Animal Reproduction Science, 88, 271-286.
23. Seema Parveen and Ramasare Prasad (2005) Antimicrobial Potential of Arabinogalactan Proteins (AGPs) like Molecules from Nerium oderum leaves. Glycoconjugate journal, Vol 22, 261-262.
24. Garima, S, Pereira, B.M.J, and Ramasare Prasad (2006). Degradation of polyethylene film strips by soil fungal isolates. In Modern Multidisciplinary Applied Microbiology: Exploring Microbes and their Interactions. Mendez-Vilas, Antonio (ed), Wiley-VCH, Weinheim Publication. PP- 500-506.
25. Parveen, S., Gupta, A.D., Prasad, R. (2007). Arabinogalactan protein from Arachis hypogaea : role as carrier in drug-formulations, International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 333, 79-86.
26. Sharma NK, Dey S, Prasad R. (2007). In vitro antioxidant potential evaluation of Euphorbia hirta. Pharmacology online 1:91-98.
27. Parveen, S., Gupta, A.D., Prasad, R,. (2007). A 53 kDa immunomodulatory protein from the leaves of Nerium odorum. Allergy, 62 (suppl 83), 259-260.
28. Singh R.K., Sharma N.K., Ramasare Prasad & Singh U.P. (2008). DNA cleavage study using Copper (II)-GlyAibHis: A tripeptide complex based on ATCUN peptide motif. Protein & Peptide Letters, 15, pp-000-000(in press).)
29. Sharma N.K., Ramasare Prasad (2008). Protective effect of a phenolic fraction from E hirta against oxidative damage of macromolecules. J. Biotechnology, 6, 56-60. (elsevier).
30. Manish Rana, Gopal Gupta, Ramasare Prasad (2009) Purification and characterization of sperm motility stimulatory protein from goat follicular fluid. Asian Journal of Andrology. doi: 10.1038/aja.2009.39.
35. Singh A. and Prasad, R. (2009) Salt stress effects growth and cell wall bound enzymes in Arachis hypogaea L. seedlings. International Journal of Integrated Biology, 7: 117-123.
36. Mathur G, Mathur, A, Prasad R (2010) Isolation of Aspergillus fumigatus(ITCC no. 6050) from plastic waste dumpsite, with the ability to adhere and degrade High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) in submerged medium”. International Journal of Environmental Sciences and Engineering Research, 1(1): 30-37.
37. Rana M. and Prasad R. (2011), Chemotaxis: role in egg-sperm interaction and its evaluation. Research & Reviews: A Journal of Biotechnology, 1, 1-21.,
38. Garima Mathur, Ashwani Mathur, Ramasare Prasad (2011), Colonization and Degradation of Thermally Oxidized High-Density Polyethylene by Aspergillus niger (ITCC No. 6052) Isolated from Plastic Waste Dumpsite. Bioremediation Journal, 15(2): 69–76, 2011. (Taylor & Francis Group Publication, UK), Impact Factor: 2.1.
39. Awasthi A, Paul P, Kumar S, Verma S. Kumar., Prasad R., Dhaliwa H.S. (2012). Abnormal endosperm development causes female sterility in rice insertional mutant OsAPC6. Plant Science, 183, 167–174(Impact factor- 2.481)
40. Neelam K., Rawat N., Tiwari V.K., Prasad R., Tripathi S.K,. Randhawa G.S and Dhaliwal H.S. (2012). Evaluation and Identification of Wheat-Aegilops Addition Lines Controlling High Grain Iron and Zinc Concentration and Mugineic Acid Production. Cereal Research Communications 40(1), pp. 53–61 (DOI: 10.1556/CRC.40.2012.1.7) (Impact factor. 1.19)
41. Priyanka Paul, Anjali Awasthi, Amit Kumar Rai, Santosh Kumar Gupta, Ramasare Prasad, H.S.Dhaliwal, T.R.Sharma (2012). A rice homolog of elf1 controls tillering in OsTEF1 insertional mutant of rice, Functional and Integrative Genomics. 12:291–304 DOI 10.1007/s10142-012-0264-5 ( Impact factor. 3.83)
42. Garima M. and Prasad R. (2012). Degradation of polyurethane by Aspergillus fumigatus (ITCC 6051) isolated from soil. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, DOI:10.1007/s12010-012-9572-4 (Springer Publication). Impact Factor: 1.879 (2010)
43. Sharma N K and Prasad Ramasare (2012). Protective effect of a glycosides enriched fraction (GAM) from Aegle marmelos leaves on oxidative damage to biomolecules. Journal Environmental Research and Development. (accepted)
44. Sunity Singh, Ramasre Prasad, Kazal Pathania, Himanshu Joshi (2012). Antifungal activity of Plumbagin & Isodiospyrin from Diospyros kaki root bark. Asian Journal of Plant Science and Research, 2 (1):1-5.
45. Priyanka P, Awasthi A, , Rai A K, Gupta S K, Prasad Ramasare, Sharma T.R. Dhaliwal H. S (2012) Reduced tillering in Basmati rice T-DNA insertional mutant OsTEF1 associates with differential expression of stress related genes and transcription factors. Functional & Integrative Genomics 12(2):291-304 · Impact Factor: 2.48 · DOI: 10.1007/s10142-012-0264-5 · Source: PubMed
46. Awasthi A, Paul P, Rai A K, Gupta S K, Prasad Ramasare, Dhaliwal H. S., Sharma T.R. (2012), Transcriptome analysis of a Basmati rice mutant OsAPC6 provides an insight into the role of APC6 in GA-signaling, Functional and Integrative Genomics (Impact factor. 3.83).
47. Priyanka Paul, Anjali Awasthi, Satish Kumar, Shailendra Kumar Verma, Ramasare Prasad, H.S.Dhaliwal ,(2012) Development of multiple embryos in polyembryonic insertional mutant OsPE of rice, Plant Cell Rep 31 (10), 1779-87. ·DOI 10.1007/s00299-012-1291-3 (Impact Factor: 2.279, 2010)
48. Kumari Neelam, Nidhi Rawat,Vijay K. Tiwari,, Nikita Ghandhi, Patokar Chetan Arun, Sundip Kumar, Sangharsh K. Tripathi, Gursharn S. Randhawa , Ramasare Prasad ,and Harcharan S. Dhaliwal (2013). Development and Molecular characterization of wheat Aegilops longissima derivatives with high grain micronutrients. Australian Journal of Crop Science, 7(4):508-514 (Impact Factor: 1.63, 2011).
49. Kumar S, Sing A K, Prasad Ramasare (2012), Herbicides (2, 4-Dichlorophenoxy Acetic Acid, Isoproturon) and its Interaction with Triticum aestivum L. Alone and in Combination. Research Journal of Biotechnology 7(4)232-249 (I.P 0.262, 2013)
50. Alok Jha, Ramasare Prasad (2013) Substrate based inhibitor of Straberry Dioxygenase: Homology Model. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 3, Issue 11, ISSN 2250-3153
51. Alok Jha, Ramasare Prasad (2013) Straberry Dioxygenase: Vorapaxar A model for antiplatelet therapy. IORS:JPBS; 8, 3: 24-32.
52. Suma C. Pemmaraju, Parul A. Pruthi, Ramasare. Prasad and Vikas Pruthi, 2013. Candida albicans Biofilm Inhibition by Synergistic Action of Terpenes and Fluconazole. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 51, 1032-1037.
53. Rajbala Yadav & Ramasare Prasad (2014) . Identification and functional characterization of sorbitol-6-phosphate dehydrogenase protein from rice and structural elucidation by in silico approach. Planta, , 240, 223-238. (Impact Factor: 3.38)
54. Saroj S, Kumar K, Pareek N, Prasad R, Singh R P ( 2014 ). Biodegradation of azo dyes Acid Red 183, Direct Blue 15 and Direct Red 75 by the isolate Penicillium oxalicum SAR-3. Chemosphere 107, 240-248. IF : 3.634
55. Kakoli Banerjee and Ramasare. Prasad (2014), A new technique in reference based DNA sequence compression algorithm: Enabling partial decompression. International Conference of Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering 2014 (ICCMSE2014), Top of Form
Bottom of Form
AIP Conf. Proceedings. 1618, 799; April 4–7 (2014), Athens, Greece . http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4897853
56. Kakoli Banerjee and Ramasare Prasad (2015) New Method for Inter Chromosomal Sequence Compression. International Journal of Engineering Technology, Management and Applied Sciences 3, (5), 188-193. (Impact Factor 2.24 www.ijetmas.com , ISSN 2349-4476).
57. Alok Jha and Ramasare Prasad (2015), Partial purification and structure prediction of salinity induced NADP dependent sorbitol-6- phosphate dehydrogenase from groundnut. Int. J. of Sc. Res. 4 (11), 18-20. (I.F. 3.24).
58. Alok Jha and Ramasare Prasad (2016) Cholesterol binding to the carotenoid binding site in Straberry Dioxygenase. I. J. of Appl. Res., 6 (2), 9.12. (I.F.3.9).
59. Suma C. Pemmaraju, Parul A. Pruthi, Ramasare Prasad, Vikas Pruthi (2016), Modulation of Candida albicans Biofilm by Different Carbon Sources Mycopathologia Impact Factor: 1.53 · DOI: 10.1007/s11046-016-9992-8.
60. Alok Jha and Ramasare Prasad (2016). Structural Features of Strawberry Dioxygenase by Homology Modeling Global J. Res. Analys. 5(1), 59-62. ISSN No 2277 - 8160 (IF 3.12)
61. Shailender Kumar Verma, Satish Kumar, Imran Sheikh, Sachin Malik, Priyanka Mathpald, Vishal Chugh, Sundip Kumar, Ramasare Prasad and Harcharan Singh Dhaliwal (2016). Transfer of useful variability of high grain iron and zinc from Aegilops kotschyi into wheat through seed irradiation approach. International Journal of Radiation Biology, http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/09553002.2016.1135263.
62.. Shailender Kumar Verma, Satish Kumar, Imran Sheikh, Prachi Sharma, Priyanka Mathpal, Sachin Malik, Priyanka Kundu, Anjali Awasthi, Sundip Kumar, Ramasare Prasad, Harcharan Singh Dhaliwal (2016). Induced Homoeologous Pairing for Transfer of Useful Variability for High Grain Fe and Zn from Aegilops kotschyi into Wheat. Plant Mol Biol Rep DOI 10.1007/s11105-016-0989-8
63. Anchal Sharma, Vijay Kumar, ApurvaChatrath, Aditya Dev, Ramasare Prasad, Ashwani Kumar Sharma, ShaillyTomar, PravindraKumar (2017). In vitro metal catalyzed oxidative stress in DAH7PS: Methionine modification leads to structure destabilization and induce amorphous aggregation. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules (DOI: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2017.08.105) (Impact factor: 3.671)
64. NavdeepRaghuwanshi, Poonam Kumari, Amit Kumar Srivastava, PriyaVashisth,Tara Chand Yadav, Ramasare Prasadand VikasPruthi (2017) Synergistic effects of Woodfordiafruticosa gold nanoparticles in preventing microbial adhesion and accelerating wound healing in Wistar albino rats in vivo. Materials Science and Engineering: C80, 252-262 (DOI:10.1016/j.msec.2017.05.134) (Impact factor: 4.167)
MIAME Database Submission
- Anjali Awasthi, Priyanka Paul, Amit Kumar Rai, Santosh Kumar Gupta, R. Prasad, H.S.Dhaliwal, T.R.Sharma (2011), Transcription profiling of wild type Basmati 370 and its T-DNA insertional mutant OsAPC6 (Accession number:GSE31200) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi?acc=GSE31200
- Priyanka Paul, Anjali Awasthi, Amit Kumar Rai, Santosh Kumar Gupta, R. Prasad, H.S.Dhaliwal, T.R.Sharma (2011), Transcription profiling of T-DNA insertional mutant lines of Basmati 370 (Accession number:GSE31248) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi?acc=GSE31248