Areas of Interest
- Biochemistry, Biophysics, Macromolecular crystallography, Protein biochemestry and structural biology
|2018-01-01||Ongoing||Professor||Department of Biotechnology, IIT Roorkee|
|2012-01-01||6 years||Associate Professor||Department of Biotechnology, IIT Roorkee|
|2003-01-01||9 years||Assistant Professor||Department of Biotechnology, IIT Roorkee|
|1999-01-01||3 years||Post-doctoral Research Associate||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA|
|Ph.D.||Biochemistry and Biophysics||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||1999|
|M.Sc.||Biochemistry||Jiwaji University, Gwalior||1993|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Purification and characterization of a trypsin inhibitor from Murraya koenigii||Chandan Shee||O||2003-01|
|Studies on some important proteins and peptides from plant and microbial sources.||Saurabh Agarwal||O||2004-01|
|. Studies on trypsin inhibitors from plants of Rutaceae family.||Deepankar Gahloth||O||2004-01|
|Purification and characterization of a trypsin inhibitor from Putranjiva roxburghii.||Navneet S Chaudhary||O||2005-01|
|Structural characterization of chitinase.||Manali Datta||O||2006-01|
|Studies on glycosidae 1, protease and protease inhibitor from plants of Euphorbiaceae family||Girijesh K Patel||O||2007-01|
|Structure-function studies on miraculin-like proteins.||P. Selva Kumar||O||2008-01|
|Studies on multifunctional low molecular weight heterodimeric proteins||Prabhat Pratap Singh Tomar||O||2009-01|
|Studies on b-glucosidas and acid phosphatase enzymes of hydrolase family||Bibekanand Kar||O||2009-01|
|Studies on a metal uptake protein from Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus||Nidhi Sharma||O||2009-01|
|Studies on peroxyredoxin antioxidant system from Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus||Anamika Singh||O||2009-01|
|Studies on enzymes involved in purine nucleotide metabolism||Preeti Verma||O||2010-01|
|Studies on solute binding proteins from Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus||Gunjan Saini||O||2013-01|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Kumar P, Kesari P, Kokane S, Ghosh DK, Kumar P, Sharma AK (2019). Crystal Structures of a putative periplasmic cystine-binding protein from Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus: Insights into an adapted mechanism of ligand binding. FEBS J. doi: 10.1111/febs.14921.
- Ghosh DK, Kokane S, Kumar P, Ozcan A, Warghane A, Motghare M, Santra S* and Sharma AK (2018) Antimicrobial Nano-Zinc Oxide-2S Albumin protein formulation significantly inhibits growth of “Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus” in planta. PLoS ONE 13(10), e0204702.
- Saini G, Sharma N, Dalal V, Warghane A, Ghosh D, Kumar P, Sharma AK (2018) The analysis of subtle internal communications through mutation studies in periplasmic metal uptake protein CLas-ZnuA2. J Struct Biol. 204, 228-239.
- Bibekananda Kar, Preeti Verma, Riaan den Haan and Sharma AK (2018) Effect of N-linked glycosylation on the activity and stability of a β-glucosidase from Putranjiva roxburghii. Int J Biol Macromol. 112, 490-498.
- Verma P, Kar B, Varshney R, Roy P, Sharma AK (2017). Characterization of AICAR transformylase/IMP cyclohydrolase (ATIC) from Staphylococcus lugdunensis. FEBS J. 284, 4233-4261.
- Kar B, Verma P, den-Haan R, Sharma AK (2017) Characterization of a recombinant thermostable β-glucosidase from Putranjiva roxburghii expressed Saccharomyces cerevisiae and its use for efficient biomass conversion. Process Biochemistry. 63, 66-75.
- Kar B, Verma P, Patel GK, Sharma AK (2017). Molecular cloning, characterization and in silico analysis of a thermostable β-glucosidase enzyme from Putranjiva roxburghii with significant activity for cellobiose. Phytochemistry, 140, 151-165.
- Verma P, Patel GK, Kar B, Sharma AK (2017). A case of neofunctionalization of a Putranjiva roxburghii PNP proteins to trypsin inhibitor by disruption of PNP-UDP domain through an in insert containing inhibitory site. Plant Science, 260, 19-30.
- Singh A, Kumar N, Tomar PP, Bhose S, Ghosh DK, Roy P, Sharma AK (2017). Characterization of a bacterioferritin comigratory protein family 1-Cys peroxiredoxin from Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus. Protoplasma, 254(4), 1675-1691.
- Sharma N, Selvakumar P, Saini G, Warghane A, Ghosh DK, Sharma AK. (2016) Crystal structure analysis in Zn2+-bound state and biophysical characterization of CLas-ZnuA2. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, 1864(12), 1649-1657.
- Sharma N, Selvakumar P, Bhose S, Ghosh DK, Kumar P, Sharma AK. (2015) Crystal structure of a periplasmic solute binding protein in metal-free, intermediate and metal-bound states from Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus. J Struct Biol. 189(3):184-94.
- Tomar PPS, Chaudhary NS, Priyadarshi P, Gahloth D, Patel GK, Selvakumar P, Kumar P and Sharma AK (2014) Purification, characterization and cloning of a 2S albumin with DNase, RNase and antifungal activities from Putranjiva roburghii. Appl Biochem Biotechnol., 174:471-482.
- Tomar PPS, Nikhil K, Singh A, Selvakumar P, Roy P and Sharma AK (2014) Characterization of anticancer, DNase and antifungal activity of pumpkin 2S albumin. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 448; 349-354.
- Selvakumar P., Sharma N., Tomar PPS, Kumar P. and Sharma AK (2014). Structural insights into the aggregation behavior of Murraya koenigii miraculin-like protein below pH 7.5. Proteins, 82 (5); 830-840.
- Patel G.K., Kawale A.A. and Sharma AK (2012). Purification and physicochemical characterization of a serine protease with fibrinolytic activity from latex of medicinal herb Euphorbia hirta. Plant Physiol. Biochem. 52, 104-111.
- Patel G.K., Kar B., Sharma AK (2012). Characterization of a thermostable family 1 glycosyl hydrolase enzyme from Putranjiva roxburghii seeds. Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. 166, 523-535.
- Selvakumar P., Gahloth D., Tomar P.P. S., Sharma N. and Sharma A. K. (2011). Molecular evolution of miraculin-like protein in Kunitz super-family. J. Mol. Evol. 73(5), 369-379
- Gahloth D., Shukla U., Birah A., Gupta G.P., Kumar P.A., Dhaliwal H.S. and Sharma AK (2011) Bioinsecticidal activity of Murraya koenigii miraculin-like protein against Helicoverpa armigera and Spodoptera litura. Arch. Insect Biochem and Physiol. 78(3), 132-144.
- Gahloth D., Selvakumar P., Shee C., Kumar P., Sharma AK (2010) Cloning, sequence analysis and crystal structure determination of a miraculin-like protein from Murraya koenigii. Arch. Biochem. and Biophys. 494, 15–22.
- Chaudhary N. S., Shee C., Islam A, Ahmad F., Yernool D., Kumar P., Sharma AK, (2008) Puriﬁcation and characterization of a trypsin inhibitor from Putranjiva roxburghii seeds. Phytochemistry 69, 2120–2126.
- Shee C. and Sharma AK (2008). Storage and aﬃnity properties of Murraya koenigii trypsin inhibitor. Food Chem. 107, 312–319.
- Shee C., Singh T. P., Kumar P , Sharma AK (2007).Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction studies of Murraya koenigii trypsin inhibitor. Acta Crystallograph Sect F Struct. Biol. Cryst Commun. 1;63 (Pt 4):318-9
- Shee C, Islam A, Ahmad F, Sharma A. K. (2007). Structure–function studies of Murraya koenigii trypsin inhibitor revealed a stable core beta sheet structure surrounded by α-helices with a possible role for α-helix in inhibitory function. Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 41,410–414.
- Shee C. and Sharma A. K. (2007). Purification and characterization of a trypsin inhibitor from the seeds of Murraya koenigii. J. Enz. Inhib. Med. Chem.22,115–120.