Dr. Krishna Mohan Poluri
Areas of Interest
- Biomolecular NMR Spectroscopy, Molecular Biophysics, Structural Biology, Biophysical Chemistry, Protein Evolution-Structure-Stability-Dynamics-Function Paradigm
- Biomolecular Interactions, Structure based Drug Design, Structural Immunology, Glycobiology, Structural Virology, Protein Folding
|Aug 2013||Present||Assistant Professor||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|Jan 2012||July 2013||Research Scientist||University of Texas Medical Branch|
|Feb 2009||Dec 2011||Postdoctoral Research Associate||Rutgers University|
|Nov 2008||Jan 2009||Visiting Fellow||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research|
|Mar 2007||June 2007||Visiting Scholar||European Molecular Biology Laboratory|
|May 2002||July 2002||Visiting Research Scholar||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research|
Honors and Awards
|Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award||Department of Biotechnology||2013|
|NASI-Young Scientist Plantinum Jubilee Award||National Academy of Sciences India||2014|
|Young Scientist Award||Indian Science Congress Association||2009|
|Best Oral Presentation||Indian Biophysical Society||2009|
|Visiting Scholar Fellowship||European Molecular Biology organization||2007|
|International Student Fellowship||European Science Foundation||2007|
|Best Oral Presentation||Royal Society of Chemistry, West India||2005-07|
|Best Poster Award||Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Society, India||2007|
|Gold Medal in M.Sc||Acharya Nagarjuna University||2002|
|PhD||Molecular Biophysics/Chemistry||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai||2009|
|M.Sc||Organic Chemistry||Acharya Nagarjuna University||2002|
|B.Sc||Chemistry/Physics/Maths||Acharya Nagarjuna University||1999|
Sponsored Research Projects
- Hindawi Publications: ISRN Structural Biology , Editorial Board Member
- Academic Journals: Biotechnology and Molecular Biology Reviews , Editorial Board Member
- Datasets International: Dataset papers in Biology -Biophysics , Editorial Board Member
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Society , Life Member
- Indian Biophysical Society , Life Member
- Indian Science Congress Association , Life Member
Research Scholar Groups
|Meenakshi Sharma||Structural Biology of Bacteriophage Lysozymes|
|Nidhi Joshi||Mechanisms of Protein Oligomerization|
|Krishnakant Gangele||Protein folding and Biomolecular Interactions|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Delineating the Molecular Interactions of GRO Chemokines||Khushboo Gulati||A||2013|
National International Collaboration
|Biomolecular NMR Spectroscopy||Center for Biomedical Research, SGPGI Campus, Lucknow||RP|
- Poluri KM* and Gulati G, “Protein Engineering Techniques: Gateways to Synthetic Protein Universe”, Springer Briefs in Applied Sciences and Technology - Forensic and Medical Bioinformatics, 2016.
- Mohan PMK*, "Dynamic Energy Landscape of Dynein Light Chain Protein", Lambert Academic Publishing "Monograph", ISBN: 978-384-848-154-5, 2012.
- Mohan PMK*, "NMR Investigations on Ruggedness of Native State Energy Landscape in Folded Proteins", Intech open access publication "Protein Interaction/Book 2", ISBN 979-953-307-885-3., 2012.
- Nag N, Ramareddy T, Mamata K, Mohan PMK, Rao BJ, Mely Y, Duportail G and Krishnamoorthy G “Dynamics of DNA and DNA-protein complexes viewed through time-domain fluorescence”. Reviews in Fluorescence, Vol.3, 311- 340, 2006
Refereed Journal Papers
- Gulati K, Gangele K, Agarwal N, Jamsandekar M, Kumar D and Poluri KM* “Molecular cloning and biophysical Characterization of CXCL3 chemokine”, Int. J. Biol. Macmol., 2017. (In Press)
- Gulati K, Jamsandekar M and Poluri KM* “Mechanistic insights into molecular evolution of species specific differential glycosaminoglycan binding surfaces in growth-related oncogene chemokines”, R Soc. Open Sci. 4(9):171059, 2017.
- Guleria A*, Meher MK, Prasad N, Poluri KM*, and Kumar D* “Physicochemical transformations of ZnO nanoparticles dispersed in peritoneal dialysis fluid: Insights into nano-bio interface interactions”, ACS J.Phys.Chem C. 121, 18598-18607, 2017.
- Gulati K#, Meher MK# and Poluri KM* “Glycosaminoglycan based resorbable polymer composites in tissue refurbishment”, Regen Med. 12(4):431-457, 2017. (#Equal Contribution)
- Arora N, Patel A, Sharma M, Mehtani J, Pruthi PA, , Pruthi V*, Poluri KM* “Insights into the enhanced lipid production characteristics of a fresh water microalga under high salinity conditions”, ACS Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 56(25), 7413-21, 2017.
- Nair MS, D’Mello S, Pant R, Poluri KM “Binding of Resveratrol to the minor groove of DNA sequences with AATT and TTAA segments induces differential stability”, J Photochem Photobiol B. 170, 217-224, 2017.
- Punna Rao AB, Gulati K, Joshi N, Deb DK, Rambabu D, Kaminsky W, Poluri KM, Kollipara MR “Synthesis and biological studies of ruthenium, rhodium and iridium metal complexes with pyrazole-based ligands displaying unpredicted bonding modes”, Inorganica Chemica Acta 462, 223-234, 2017.
- Mehtani J#, Arora N#, Patel A, Jain P, Pruthi PA, Poluri KM, Pruthi V “Augmented lipid accumulation in mutants of ethyl methyl sulphonate oleaginous microalga for biodiesel production”, Bioresour Technol 242, 121-127, 2017.
- Arora N, Gulati K, Patel A, Pruthi PA, Poluri KM*, Pruthi V* “A hybrid approach integrating arsenic detoxification with biodiesel production using oleaginous microalgae”, Algal Research 24, 29-39, 2017.
- Kumar A, Gupta M, Mazumder A, Poluri KM, Rao VK, “ Use of box behnken design for development of high throughput quantitative proton nuclear magnetic resonance experiments for industrial applications”, ACS Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 56, 2873-82, 2017.
- Punna Rao AB, Kalidasan M, Gangele K, Deb DK, Shepherd SL, Phillips RM, Poluri KM, Kollipara MR “Synthesis, structural and biological studies of some half-sandwich d6-metal complexes with pyrimidine-based ligands”, ChemistrySelect 2(6), 2065-76, 2017.
- Gulati K and Poluri KM* “An overview of computational and experimental methods for designing novel proteins”, Recent Pat Biotechnol. 10(3), 235-63, 2016.
- Gangele K and Poluri KM* “Imidazole derivatives differentially destabilize the low pH conformation of lysozyme through weak electrostatic interactions”, RSC Advances 6, 101395-403, 2016.
- Sawant KV, Poluri KM, Dutta AK, Sepuru KM, Troshkina A, Garofalo RP, Rajarathnam K “Chemokine CXCL1 mediated neutrophil recruitment: Role of glycosaminoglycan interactions”, Sci Rep 6:33123, 2016.
- Punna Rao AB, Uma A, Chiranjeevi T, Bethu MS, Yashwanth B, Venakteswara Rao J, Poluri KM, Kollipara MR “Synthesis, structural and in vitro functional characterization of arene ruthenium complexes with 1,3,5-tris(di-2-pyridylaminomethyl)benzene ligand”, Inorganica Chemica Acta 453, 284-291, 2016.
- Sharma M, Kumar D and Poluri KM* “Elucidating the pH-dependent structural transition of T7 bacteriophage endolysin”, ACS Biochemistry 55, 4614-25, 2016.
- Gulati K and Poluri KM* “Deciphering the in vitro homo and hetero oligomerization characteristics of CXCL1/CXCL2 chemokines”, RSC Advances 6, 28213-18, 2016.
- Gulati K and Poluri KM* “Mechanistic and therapeutic overview of glycosaminoglycans: the unsung heroes of biomolecular signaling”, Glycoconjugate Journal 33(1), 1-17, 2016.
- Brahma B, Patra MC, Karri S, Chopra M, Mishra P, De BC, Kumar S, Mahanty S, Thakur K, Poluri KM, Datta T and De S, “Diversity, antimicrobial action and structure-activity relationship of buffalo cathelicidins” PlosOne, 10(12): e0144741, 2015.
- Gulati K and Poluri KM* “Chemoattractans, scaffolds and endogenous stem cells: Adorable partners of in situ tissue regeneration”, Austin J Biotechnol. Bioeng. 2(4) 1052, 2015 (Editorial)
- Joseph PR, Poluri KM, Sepuru KM, Rajarathnam K, “Characterizing protein-glycosaminoglycan interactions using solution NMR Spectroscopy”, Methods Mol Biol . 1229, 325-33, 2015.
- Poluri KM* “Chemokines: The holy messengers of leukocyte trafficking”, Austin J Biotechnol. Bioeng. 1(3), 3, 2014. (Editorial)
- Sepuru KM, Poluri KM, and Rajarathnam K, “Solution structure of CXCL5 – A novel chemokine and adipokine implicated in inflammation and obesity”, PlosOne 9(4): e93228, 2014.
- Joseph PR, Poluri KM, Gangavarapu P, Rajagopalan L, Raghuwanshi S, Richardson RM, Garofalo RP, Rajarathnam K, “Proline substation of dimer interface b-strand residues as a strategy for the design of functional monomeric proteins”, BiophysJ., 105(6), 1491-501, 2013.
- Poluri KM, Joseph PR, Sawant KR and Rajarathnam K, “Molecular Basis for Glycosaminoglycan binding to Chemokine CXCL1 Dimer”. J Biol Chem., 278(22), 19980-19985, 2013.
- Chakraborty S, Mohan PMK, and Hosur RV, “Residual structure and dynamics in DMSO denatured DLC8”. Biochimie, 94(1):231-41, 2012
- Mohan PMK#, Chakraborty S# and Hosur RV, “Hierarchy of local structural and dynamics perturbations due to sub-denaturing urea in the native state ensemble of DLC8 dimer”. Biophys Chem., 153(1) 17-26, 2010. (#Equal Contribution)
- Mohan PMK, and Hosur RV, “Structure-Function-Folding Relationships and Native Energy Landscape of Dynein Light Chain Protein: NMR Insights”. J Biosci, 34(3):465-79, 2009.
- Mohan PMK, Chakraborty S and Hosur RV, “Thermodynamics of residue level unfolding in DLC8 dimer by temperature dependent native state hydrogen exchange”. J Biomol NMR, 44(1), 1-11, 2009
- Mohan PMK, Joshi MV and Hosur RV, “Hierarchy in guanidine unfolding of DLC8 dimer : Regulatory functional implications”. Biochimie, 91(3):401-7, 2009.
- Mohan PMK, Chakraborty S and Hosur RV, “Residue-wise Conformational Stability of DLC8 dimer from Native State Hydrogen Exchange”. Proteins, 75 (1), 40-52, 2009.
- Mohan PMK, and Hosur RV, “pH dependent unfolding characteristics of DLC8 dimer: residue level details from NMR”. BBA Proteins and Proteomics, 1784(11): 1795-1803, 2008.
- Mohan PMK and Hosur RV, “NMR characterization of structural and dynamics perturbations due to a single point mutation in Drosophila DLC8 dimer: Functional implications”. ACS Biochemistry, 47, 6251-6259, 2008.
- Mohan PMK, Barve M, Chatterjee A, Ghosh-Roy A and Hosur RV, “NMR comparison of native energy landscapes of DLC8 dimer and monomer”. Biophysical Chemistry, 134, 10-19, 2008.
- Mohan PMK*, Mukherjee S, and Chary KVR, "Differential native state ruggedness of the two Ca2+-binding domains in a Ca2+ sensor protein". Proteins, 70, 1147-1153, 2008.
- Mohan PMK*, “Unfolding energetics and conformational stability of DLC8 monomer”. Biochimie, 89, 1409-1415, 2007.
- Mukherjee S, Mohan PMK, Kuchroo K, and Chary KVR, "Energetics of native energy landscape of a two-domain calcium sensor protein: distinct folding features of the two domains". ACS Biochemistry, 46, 9911-9919, 2007.
- Mohan PMK and Hosur RV, “NMR insights into dynamics regulated target binding of DLC8 dimer”. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 355, 950-955, 2007.
- Mukherjee S, Mohan PMK, and Chary KVR, “Magnesium promotes structural integrity and conformational switching action of a calcium sensor protein”. ACS Biochemistry, 46, 3835-3845, 2007.
- Chatterjee A, Mohan PMK, Prabhu A, Ghosh-Roy A and Hosur RV, “Equilibrium unfolding of DLC8 monomer by urea and guanidine hydrochloride: distinctive global and residue level features”. Biochimie, 89, 117-134, 2007.
- Mohan PMK, Barve M, Chatterjee A and Hosur RV, “pH driven conformational dynamics and dimer-to-monomer transition in DLC8”. Protein Sci., 15(2), 335-42, 2006.
- Bhavesh NS, Sinha R, Mohan PMK and Hosur RV, “NMR elucidation of early folding hierarchy in HIV-I protease”, J Biol Chem., 278(22), 19980-19985, 2003.