Areas of Interest
- Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Immunopathology of infectious and inflammatory diseases, Immunooncology, Cancer Immunoediting, Immunomodulatory therapeutics, Systems Immunology
|2011-01-01||2 years||Research Fellow||National Institutes of Health/NIDCR, USA|
|2008-01-01||3 years||Postdoctoral Research Associate||School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, USA|
|2013-01-01||4 years||Special Research Volunteer||National Institute of Health/NIDCR|
|2003-01-01||5 years||Research Assistant||University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA|
|2003-01-01||Junior Veterinary Officer||Dept of Fisheries and Animal Husbandry, Govt of Odisha|
|2002-01-01||1 year||Veterinary Extension Officer||Heifer International/India|
|2020-08-10||Ongoing||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2014-01-01||6 years 7 months||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2021-05-20||Ongoing||Nodal Officer: DST-Gender Advancement for Transforming Institutions (GATI)||IIT Roorkee|
|2020-01-01||Ongoing||Nodal Officer- DST Vigyan Jyoti Sheme||IIT Roorkee|
|2017-01-01||Ongoing||Member, Institute Animal Ethics Committee||IIT Roorkee|
|2016-01-01||Ongoing||Member, Dept Academic Program Committee (PG Course Coordinator)||IIT Roorkee|
|2017-01-01||3 years||Faculty Advisor, NCC and NSS||IIT Roorkee|
|2014-01-01||Ongoing||In Charge - Experimental Animal Facility||IIT Roorkee|
|2015-01-01||Ongoing||Associate NCC Officer||3 UK CTR NCC, IITRoorkee|
Honors and Awards
|Featured in the eBook: WiSTEM, Nurture and Celebrate Women in STEM||Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)||2021|
|International Travel Support for FOCIS 2019||DST-SERB||2019|
|Early Career Faculty Travel Grant||American Association of Immunologists||2017|
|Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award (IYBA-2017)||Department of Biotechnology, Govt of India||2017|
|Best Oral presentation, Immunocon-2014||Indian Immunology Society||2014|
|Early investigator Travel Grant Award||Shock Society||2010|
|Travel Award for best oral presentation||University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA||2007|
|NIAID Biodefense Fellowship||Keystone Symposium, Viral Immununity||2006|
|Research Assistantship for Doctoral Studies||University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA||2008|
|University Merit Scholarship||Odisha University of Agril. and Tech.||2001|
|PhD||Comparative and Experimental Medicine||University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA||2008|
|Bachelor in Veterinary Science||Veterinary Science||O.U.A.T, Bhubaneswar, India||2002|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Role of Fibulin7 in the modulation of T cell function||SRIC-IITR||2014-05||3 years|
|Investigating the effects of yoga and meditation in combating anxieties and stress-induced immunosuppression||DST-SATYAM||2021-02-25||1 year|
|Cell-matrix interraction in inflammation||DBT-Biocare, Govt. of India||2014-07-30||3 years|
|Immunomodulatory effect of adhesion protein Fibulin7 (Fbln7)||SERB, Govt. of India||2015-11-27||3 years|
|Immunoediting and Tumor associated macrophages||DBT, Govt. of India||2018-05-03||3 years|
|Integrin signalling in Innate Immune cell migration and function in sepsis||SERB, Govt of India||2021-02-06||3 years|
- American Association of Immunologists, Member
- Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies, Member
- Indian Association of Immunologists, Life Member
- Odisha Veterinary Association, Life Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Vaccine Technology||BTN-449||B Tech||Spring|
|Microbiology and Biochemistry||BTN-651||MTech||Autumn|
|Immunology and Immunotechnology||BTN-522||MSc||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Extracellular Matrix Protein Remodelling During Inflammation||Chandra Bhan||A||2014-01-01|
|Role of Adhesion Protein Fibulin7 in modulation of macrophage functions||Papiya Chakraborty||A||2014-01-01|
|Role of GTPases in immune cell migration and function||Pankaj Dipankar||O||2015-01|
|Immune cell trafficking in inflammation||Siba Prasad Dash||O||2016-01|
|Modulation of immune cell function by matrikines||Nibedita Dalpati||O||2018-01|
|Systems immunology and immunoinformatics||Puneet Kumar||O||2019-01|
|Cancer related inflammation||Saloni Gupta||O||2019-01|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Systems Immunology||FOCIS, USA||2020-08|
- Sarangi PP, Rouse BT. Herpetic Keratitis. 2009. Levin and Albert Ocular Disease: Mechanisms and Management, Chapter 12, Elsevier,
- Bhan C, Dipankar P, Dash SP, Chakraborty P, Dalpati N, *Sarangi PP. 2020. . Biotechnological Advances for Microbiology, Molecular Biology, and Nanotechnology: Chapter 13. Recent Advances in imaging and Analysis of Cellular Dynamics in Real Time. An Interdisciplinary Approach to the Life Sciences. Apple Academic Press.
Refereed Journal Papers
1. Dash SP, Dipankar P, Burange PS, *Rouse BT, *Sarangi PP. Climate Change: how it impacts the emergence, transmission, resistance and consequences Viral Infections in animals and plants. Critical Reviews in Microbiology. 2021 Feb 11: 1-16
2. Dipankar P, Kumar P, Dash SP, *Sarangi PP. Functional and Therapeutic Relevance of Rho GTPases in Innate Immune Cell Migration and Function During Inflammation: An In-silico perspective. (Mediators of Inflammation. 2021 Feb 13 (Special Issue-Invited Review)
3. Chakraborty P, Dash, SP, Dalpati N, Kumar P, Jain D, *Sarangi PP. A C-terminal Fragment of Adhesion Protein Fibulin-7 Inhibits Growth of Murine Breast Tumor by Regulating macrophage reprogramming. The FEBS Journal. 16th April 2020. (Highlighted in a commentary in The FEBS journal)
4. Chakraborty P, Dash, SP, *Sarangi PP. The Role of Adhesion Protein Fibulin7 in Development and Diseases. Molecular Medicine 2020. 26 (47), 1-7 (Invited Review)
5. Chakraborty P, Dalpati N, Bhan C, Dash SP, Kumar P, *Sarangi PP. A C-terminal fragment of adhesion protein Fibulin7 regulates neutrophil migration and functions and improves survival in LPS induced systemic inflammation. Cytokine. 2020. 131. 1551132
6. Chakraborty P, Dipankar P, Dash, SP, Priya, Srivastava S, Dhyani R, Navani N, Sharma D, *Sarangi PP. Electrostatic Surface Potential of Macrophages Correlates With Their Functional Phenotype. Inflammation. 2020 April;43 (2);641-650.
7. Verma A, Ghosh T, Bhushan B, P. Gopinath P., Navani NK, Sarangi PP, Ambatipudi K. Characterization of Difference in Structure and Function of Fresh and Mastitic Bovine Milk Fat Globules. PLOS ONE. 2019 Aug 29;14(8)
8. Bhan C, Dash SP, Dipankar P, Kumar P, Chakraborty P, *Sarangi PP. Investigation of extracellular matrix protein expression dynamics using murine models of systemic inflammation. Inflammation. 2019 Dec;42(6):2020-2031
9. *Sarangi PP, Chakraborty P, Dash SP, Ambatipudi K, Vega SD, Ikeuchi T, Wahl L, *Yamada Y. Cell adhesion protein Fibulin-7 and its C-terminal fragment negatively regulate monocyte and macrophage migration and functions in vitro and in vivo. Sept 2018, 32(9). FASEB Journal. *Corresponding authors. (Highlighted in Nature-Asia/India)
10. Sarangi PP, Lee H, Lerman Y, Harrower E., Horrower E, Trzeciak A, Rezaie AR, Kim M. 2017. Activated protein C attenuates severe inflammation by selectively targeting VLA-3high neutrophil subpopulation in mice Journal of Immunology. Oct 15;199(8):2930-2936.
11. Bhan C, Dipankar P, Chakraborty P, *Sarangi PP. Role of Cellular events in the pathophysiology of sepsis. Inflammation Research. 2016, 65 (11), 853-868.
12. Lerman YV, Lim, KH, Hyun YM, Falkner LK, Yang, H, Sonnenberg A, Pietropaoli A, *Sarangi PP, *Kim M. 2014. Sepsis lethality via exacerbated tissue infiltration and TLR-induced cytokine production by neutrophils is integrin α3β1-dependent. Blood. Dec;124; 3515-3523. *Co-Corresponding author (Highlighted in a commentary in The Blood journal)
Pre IIT Roorkee Publications
13. *Sarangi PP, Hyun YM, Lerman Y LermanV, Pietropaoli A, *Kim M. 2012. Essential Role of integrin β1 in tissue homing of neutrophils during sepsis. Shock. Aug;38(3):281-7. *Co-Corresponding author
14. Hyun, YM, Ronen Sumagin, Sarangi PP, Elena Lomakina E, Overstreet MG, Baker C, Fowell DJ, Waugh R, Sarelius IG, Kim M. 2012. Uropod Elongation is a common final step in leukocyte extravasation from inflamed vessels. Journal of Experimental Medicine. Jul 2;209(7):1349-62.
15. Sarangi PP, Lee Hyun-wook and Kim M. 2010. Activated Protein C action in inflammation. British Journal of Hematology. 148(6):817-33.
16. #Elphick GF, #Sarangi PP, Hyun Y, Hollenbaugh JA, Ayala A, Biffl WL, Chung H, Rezaie AR, McGrath JL, Topham DJ, Reichner JS, Kim M. 2009. Recombinant human activated protein C inhibits integrin-mediated neutrophil migration. Blood. 113(17):4078-85. #Co-First Author. (Cited in Nature’s Scibx Journal)
17. Sarangi PP, Woo SR, Rouse BT. 2009. Modulation of herpes virus induced ocular immunopathology by anti-CD200R:Fc treatment. Clinical Immunology. 131(1):31-40.
18. Sarangi PP, Kim B, Rouse BT. 2008. Modulation of herpes virus induced ocular immunopathology by non-mitogenic anti-CD3 monoclonal antibody treatment. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science. 49(12):5425-33.
19. Sarangi PP, Sehrawat S, Suvas S, Rouse BT. 2008. IL-10 and natural regulatory T cells: Two independent anti-inflammatory mechanisms in HSV induced ocular immunopathology. Journal of Immunology. 180(9):6297-306.
20. Sehrawat S, Suvas S, Sarangi PP, Shuryawanshi A, Rouse BT. 2008. In vitro generated antigen specific CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells control the severity of virus induced immunoinflammatory lesion. Journal of Virology. 82(14):6838-51.
21. #Kim B, #Sarangi PP, Ahmet Kursat Azkur, Deshpande Kaistha S, Rouse BT. 2008. Enhanced viral immunoinflammatory lesions in mice lacking IL-23 responses. Microbes and infections. 10(3):302-312. #Co-First Author.
22. Sarangi PP, Kim B., Kurt-Jones E, Rouse BT. 2007. Innate recognition network driving the HSV induced corneal immunopathology: Role of Toll Pathway in the early inflammatory events in Stromal Keratitis. Journal of Virology. 81(20):11128-38.
23. Kim B, Sarangi PP, Y Lee Deshpande Kaistha S, Lee S, Rouse BT. 2006. Depletion of MCP-1 increases development of herpetic stromal keratitis by innate immune modulation. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. 80(6):1405-15. (Recommended in Faculty1000)
24. Kim B, Suvas S, Sarangi PP, Lee S, Reisfield RA, Rouse BT. 2006. Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor2-based DNA immunization delays development of herpetic stromal keratitis by antiangiogenic effects. Journal of Immunology. 177(6):4122-31.
25. Rouse BT, Sarangi PP, Suvas S. 2006. Regulatory T cells in virus infections. Immunological Reviews. 212:272-86.
26. Suvas S, Kim B, Sarangi PP, Tone M, Waldmann, H, Rouse BT. 2005. In vivo kinetics of GITR and GITR ligand expression and their functional significance in regulating viral immunopathology. Journal of Virology. 79(18):11935-42.