Pushp Lata Professor pushplata.@ar.iitr.ac.in 01332-285143
Areas of Interest
- Architechtural Design, Urban Design , Urban Environment Design, Sustainable Development of Hill Settlements, Hill Arch., Public Realm
|2020-08-04||Ongoing||Member||Board of Governors|
|2020-08-04||Ongoing||Head of Department||Department of Architecture and Planning|
|2015-01-01||2017-01-01||Member||Building and Works Committee IIT Roorkee|
|2014-01-01||2016-01-01||Chairperson||Departmental Academic Committee|
|2008-01-01||2013-01-01||Convener Decoration||Annual Convocation|
|2013-01-01||2015-01-01||Chairperson Departmental Research Committee||Department of Architecture and Planning|
Honors and Awards
|Chairperson, All India Board of Architecture||AICTE||2016|
|Honorary Professor||AMITY University Jaipur||2018|
|Member Board of Governors||School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal||2016|
|Member Academic Council||School of Planning and Architectur, Delhi||2015|
|Member RR Committee for Three Institutes of National Importance in Architecture (SPA's))||MHRD||2017|
|University Prize for standing first in class||University of Roorkee||1978|
|Best paper||Indian Buildings Congress||2007|
|Best Paper Award Commendation Certificate||Indian Building Congress||2011|
|B.Arch.||Architecture||University of Roorkee||1978|
|P.G. Dipl.||Architecture (Urban Design)||SPA, New Delhi||1980|
|PhD||Architecture||University of Roorkee||2001|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Geo-environ. Appraisal of Almora for Hazard Assessment as a basis for Plng for Future Urbanization||MHRD||2008-01||12 years 7 months|
- Council of Architecture, Member
- Indian Building Congress, Member
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|A Study if Development Patterns in Peripheral Urban Areas||Disha Chatrath|
|Urban Public Spaces for Lower Income Groups||Ipshita Das|
|Emerging residential Developments: A Case of Ghaziabad||Prerna Tomar|
|Building Cluster for a Safe Habitat in Landslide Prone Area||Nupur Rathore|
|Urban Renewal of City Core of Dehradun: A Proposed Smart City||Ushnata Datta|
|Revitalization of Dashawamedh Ghat Area of Banaras||Aishwarya Agarwal|
|Urban Conservation of Mall Road, Darjeeling||Suryendu Dasgupta|
|Encouraging Pedestrianization for Sustainable Transit Oriented Development for a Smart City||Parshant Rehal|
|Creating Public Spaces For the Integration of Transport Terminals: A Case in Ernakulam||Lakshmi M M|
|Rethinking Hill Architecture: Himachal Pradesh||Neetu Kapoor|
|Humanizing Pedestrian Public Realm in Gurgaon||Krati Mishra|
|Integrated Development for Improvement of Ghats of Patna||Vriddhi|
|Rejuvenation of Harding Park and Station Road, Patna||Nitish Chandra|
|Analytical Study of District Centres in Delhi||Brishbhanlali|
|Traditional Building Materials in Himachal Pradesh||Ridhima Mahajan|
|Design Methodology for Sustainable High Rise Buildings||Dattreya O.V|
|Improving Quality of Built Environment in Gorakhpur City Core||Fareha Nasreen|
|Sustainable Housing||Farheen Bano|
|Comparative analysis of Solar Passive Strategies||Rakesh Mishra|
|Conservation of Character of Hill Stations||Monalisa|
|Criteria for Design of Mid Rise Buildings in Hill Regions||Ashwani Kumar|
|Parametric Design Software||Saurabh Shankar Jha|
|Design Strategies for Urban Insertion||Neeti Bhatia|
|Urban Renewal of Public Realm of a Historic City Core: A Case of Thanjavaur||P. Gopal Krishanan|
|Guidelines for Rejuvenation of traditional marketplaces in Indian cities||Jaideep Sarkar|
|Urban Design Guidelines for Boiphilic Neighbourhoods in a Hill Town||Somnath Malik|
|Adaptive Reuse of Traditional Houses of Almora||Shareka Iqbal|
|Green Retrofit Modelling for Existing Buiuldings||Anushree Naphade|
|Planning Strategies for Housing for Jaipur City||Ravi Rai Verma|
|Public Perception of Urban Spaces||Ashok Mishra|
|Application of LEED India NC for Designing a new Green Building||Gadhi M|
|Design Guidelines for Outdoor Sets in Film Cities||R.S.Sandeep|
|Development of Urban Water Front-River Adyar, Chennai||RamakrishnanD.|
|Design Guidelines for Humane Streets||Saurabh Saxena|
|Design of Urban Spaces for Fulfillment of Basic Human Needs||Rachna Lal|
|Integrated Urban Conservation for a Historical Urban Village-Chirag Delhi||Rajashree Ghosh|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Strategies for Successful Public Placess||Seema Praliya||O||2012-01|
|Cultural Planning and Creative Economy Framework for Indigenous Community Development||Harshit S. Lakra||O||2013-01|
|A Methodology for Character Appraisal of Hill Towns||Monalisa||O||2008-01|
|Area Specific Building Regulations for Hill Towns||Ashwani Kumar||O||2011-01|
|Study of Contemporary Architectural Practices in India||Prabhjot Kaur||O||2005-01|
|Energy Responsiveness in Traditional Residential Buildings of Lucknow||Mohammad Arif Kamal||O||2002-01|
|Sustainable Development of Environmentally Sensitive Areas||Harsimran Kaur||O||2016-01|
|Interrelationship between Urban Form and Climate||Kshama Gupta||O||2012-01|
|Transformations in Traditional House Forms with Changing Socio-cultural Context in Himachal Pradesh||Amanjeet Kaur||O||2016-01|
|Conservation of Hill Towns||Suryendu Dasgupta||O||2016-01|
|Transformation of Census Towns in Uttarakhand: Policies and Prospects||Dinesh Singh||O||2014-01|
|Urban Morphological Transformation of Ethopian Cities||Ararsoo||O||2012-01|
|Deciphering Traditional Knowledge Systems Embedded in Indian Cultural Landscape||Samiksha Srichandan||O||2017-01|
|Integrating Cultural and Ecological Significance of Traditional Urban Spaces||Ashfina T||O||2018-01|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Harvard University||Presented a paper in Conference||2012-01-01|
|MIT, Cambridge, USA||To interact with faculty, and explore collaboration.||2012-01-01|
|Harvard University||a) Presented a paper in Conference b) To interact with faculty, and explore collaboration.||2011-01-01|
|Sri Sri University, Cuttack||Selection Committee||2016-01-01|
|BITS, Mesra, Ranchi||Selection Committee||2016-01-01|
|UPTU Lucknow||RDC meeting||2016-01-01|
|DCRUST, Murthal||RDC meeting||2016-01-01|
|Gautam Budhha,University, Greater Noida||Selection Committee||2015-01-01|
|Lingaya University, Faridabad||NAAC visit||2015-01-01|
|DIT, Dehradun||Academic Council Meeting||2015-01-01|
|PVP College of Architecture, Pune||Jury/International Architectural Design Competition||2015-01-01|
|GNDU, Amritsar||Selection Committee||2015-01-01|
|UPTU, Noida||PhD Interview||2015-01-01|
|Noida International University, Gr. Noida||UGC Inspection||2015-01-01|
|Indian Institute for Remote Sensing, Dehradun||Invited key lecture||2015-01-01|
|Kurukshetra University||Invited key lectures||2015-01-01|
|CEPT Ahemdabad||PhD Viva||2014-01-01|
|Lucknow Development Authority, Lucknow||Hi-Tech Township meeting||2014-01-01|
|Integral University, Lucknow||UGC Inspection||2014-01-01|
|IEC Baddi, Himachal Pradesh||UGC Inspection||2014-01-01|
|DST , New Delhi||TIFAC Technology Vision 2015 - Habitat Committee meeting||2014-01-01|
|SPA, New Delhi||PhD Viva||2014-01-01|
|Dr.BN College of Architecture for Women, Pune||Invited lecture||2013-01-01|
|NIT, Hamirpur||Architect Selection Committee||2013-01-01|
|SPA, Bhopal||ITPI workshop on UDPFI Guidelines||2013-01-01|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Review and Restructuring of B.Arch curriculum||IIT Roorkee, Blue Star||2013-01-01|
|Disaster Mitigation in Housing in India: an Agenda for Future||IIT Roorkee||2010-01-01|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Research Techniques in Architecture and Planning||IIT Roorkee||2019-01-01|
|Understanding Sustainable Development of Hill Areas||National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur||2020-08-04|
|Public Spaces in Indian Cities||CET, Trivandram||2020-08-04|
|Issues of Public Spaces in Indian Cities||MNIT, Jaipur||2020-08-04|
|Urban Environmental Management in Environmentally Sensitive Hill Areas||MNIT, Jaipur||2020-08-04|
|Integrating Research Techniques in Architecture and Planning Pedagogy||IIT Roorkee||2019-01-01|
|Climate Change, Energy and Urban Built Environment||Center for Environmental Studies, Kurukshetra University||2020-08-04|
|Energy Efficient Buildings||Center for Environmental Studies, Kurukshetra University||2020-08-04|
|Smart Cities and Geo spatial Techniques||Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun||2020-08-04|
|Site Planning, Building Forms and Architectural Design Concepts for Earthquake Resistant Buildings||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||2020-08-04|
|Habitable living environment||LPU Jalandhar||2018-01-01|
|Architecture Tomorrow and the day after.....||Lucknow||2018-01-01|
|Urban Public Spaces||Nirma University||2018-01-01|
|Research Techniques in Architecture||GCA, Lucknow||2016-01-01|
|Architectural Research Methodologies for Research in Urban Design||BNCA, Pune||2020-08-04|
Refereed Journal Papers
LIST OF PAPERS PUBLISHED UPTO MAY 2019
Paper Published/ Presented in International/National Journals
- Seema Praliya, Pushplata Garg, Public Space Quality Evaluation: Pre-requisite for Public Space Management, The Journal of Public Space 4(I), May 2019, pp 93-126
- Harsimran Kaur, andPushplata,Urban sustainability assessment tools: A review. Journal of Cleaner Production 210, February 2019, pp 146-158
- Harshit SosanLakra,andPushplata, Culture and Planning of Cities: A Review of Approaches, SPACE - The SPA Journal of Planning and Architecture 20 ( 3-4), December 2016, pp 74-94
- Seema Praliya,andPushplata, Public Open Spaces in Indian Small Cities: Case of Roorkee, SPACE - The SPA Journal of Planning and Architecture 20 ( 3-4), December 2016, pp 57-70
- Ashwani Kumar, andPushplata,Formulating Contextual Building Regulations for Hill Towns of India: The Case of Shimla. Planning Practice and Research, January 2018, pp 1-17
- Ashwani Kumar, andPushplata,Problems and Prospects of Building Regulations in Shimla, India – A Step Towards Achieving Sustainable Development. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment, 6(1), March 2017, pp.207-215.
- Seema Praliya,andPushplata,Public Open Spaces in Indian Small Cities: A case of Roorkee. SPACE, Volume 20, No. 3-4, July – December, 2016, pp-57-70.
- Suryendu Dasgupta, Pushplata,Transformation of Architectural Character of Darjeeling, Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Volume-81, Issue 11, November 16, pp-39-44.
- Monalisa Bhardwaj,andPushplata,The Bungalow – Part of India’s Vernacular Heritage. International Journal of Environmental Studies, Volume 73, 2016 - Issue 4, pp-604-615
- Ashwani Kumar, Pushplata,City Profile: Shimla, Cities, Volume 49, December 2015, pp149-158.
- Kshama Gupta, Ashutosh Bhardwaj, Pramod Kumar, Pushplata,Procedural Rule Based 3D City Modeling and Visualization Using High Resolution Satellite Data (2015), International Journal of Advancement in Remote Sensing, GIS & Geography, IROSSS Publication, Volume 3, No 2, pp-16-25.
- Ashwani Kumar, Pushplata,Approach to formulate setback regulations for Indian hill towns, International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment, 2015, Vol.4, pp91-99.
- Changing Hill Architecture, Case Study Shimla, Architecture + Design, A Journal of Indian Architecture Vol.XXXII, No 10, October 2015, pp 116-122.(Co-author:Kapoor N)
- Ashwani Kumar, Pushplata,Building Regulations for Hill Towns of India, Housing and Building National Research Center (HBRC) Journal, June 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hbrcj.2014.06.006
- Ashwani Kumar, Pushplata,Building regulations for environmental protection in Indian hill towns, International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment, April 2014, Vol.2, pp224-231.
- Seema Praliya, Pushplata,Public Spaces: Prospects of Cities, Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Technology, Vol.2 No.3, January-March 2015, pp221-227.
- Ashwani Kumar, Pushplata,Vernacular Practices: As a Basis for Formulating Building Regulations for Hilly Areas, International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10/1016/j.ijsbe.2014.01.001
- Fareha Nasreen, Pushplata,Improving the Quality of Built Environment : A Case of Gorakhpur City Core, Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Volume 78 Issue II , November 2013, pp 58-62
- A. Naphade, A. Sharma, P.S.Chani, P.Garg,Green Building Retrofit for the Library of Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Journal of the Institute of Engineers (India), Series A, March 2013, Volume 94 Issue 1, pp 35-42
- Ashwani Kumar, Pushplata,Conservation and Development of Built Heritage of Shimla, ABACUS, Vol 7 No. 2, Monsoon 2012, pp 92-98
- Pushplata,andAshwani Kumar, Building Regulations:A Means of Ensuring Sustainable Development in Hill Towns, Journal of Environmental Research and Development, Volume 7 A No. 1A, July-Sep 2012
- Pushplata,Balancing Arts, Science and Technology; Challenges of Architectural Profession and Educations, International Journal of Arts and Sciences, May 2011
- Kartik Sapra, andPushplata,New Dimensions in Building Information Modelling, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol XVIII No 1, 2011
- Ridhima Mahajan,and Pushplata, Traditional Materials- A Sustainable Solution, Journal of Indian Building Congress, June 2010, Vol. XVII, No. 02, pp 14-19
- Pushplata, R. Shankar, and A. M. Yogeshweran, Significance of Geo-space Architecture in Sustainability of Urban Built Environment, Journal of Indian Building Congress, June 2010, Vol. XVII, No. 02, pp 54-61
- Monalisa Bhardwaj, and Pushplata, Regionalism and Revivalism in Neo-vernacular Architecture, Architecture + Design, A Journal of Indian Architecture Vol. XXVII No 4, April 2010, pp 102- 112
- Shashank Jain, Swati Kaushik, and Pushplata, Green Practices for Commercial and Healthcare Buildings, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol. 75(4), April 2010, pp 26-29
- Ashwani Kumar, andPushplata, Mid rise Buildings in Hills: A Problem or an Opportunity, A+D, Vol. XXVI (7), July 2009, pp 90- 96.
- Mohd. Arif Kamal, Nazamuddin, and Pushplata, Climatic Control Strategies in Traditional Built Form- Lucknow Context, Architecture + Design, A Journal of Indian Architecture Vol. XXVI No 2 February 2009, pp 70- 78.
- Monalisa Bhardwaj, andPushplata,Energy Sensitized Architecture in India, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Jan 2009,Vol. XVI, No. 01, pp 156-162.
- A. Kumar, A. Sinha, andPushplata,Energy Optimization for Tall Buildings in Hill Regions, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Jan 2009, Vol. XVI, No. 01, pp 188-195.
- Pushplata, and R. Anbalagan, Geo-environmental Assessment for Determining Suitability of Buildable land in Context of a Hill Town, Journal of Engineering Geology ,vol XXXV Nos 1-4 Dec 2008 pp 391 – 399.
- FarheenBano, and Pushplata,Sustainable Water Management in Housing – Architecture – Space, Time and People, Journal of Council of Architecture, Vol. VII, issue 7 July 2008 pp 44 – 55.
- K. Mittal, and Pushplata,Digital Design Process in Context of Modern Tent Structures, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol. 73, Issue 03, March 2008, pp 7-9.
- K. Mittal, and Pushplata,Mechanized Construction of Tent Structures- Case Studies, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Dec 2007, Vol. XIV, No. 02, pp 181-187.
- TejoVihas, P.Gupta, S. Daveand Pushplata,Design Considerations for Building Integrated Photo Voltaics, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol. 72(4), April 2007.
- Pushplataand Ashok MishraPublic Perception of Urban Spaces- Architecture + Design, A Journal of Indian Architecture Vol. XXIV (3), March 2007
- Mohd. Arif, Najamuddinand Pushplata,Energy Efficiency in Traditional Built Form- Case Studies, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol. 13(3), Dec 2006,
- Pushplata, Urban Development and its Impact on Natural Water Springs in a Hill Town- A Case Study Almora, Spatio-Economic-Development Record, Vol.13(3), May-June, 2006.
- Mohd. Arif, Najamuddin and Pushplata,Climatic Responsiveness in Traditional Built Form: Lucknow - A Case Study, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol 71(2), Feb 2006.
- Pushplata and P.S.Chani,Optimum Project Size for Cost Effective Housing – Journal of Indian Buildings Congress, Vol XIII(1), Jan, 2006.
- Pushplata, Responsiveness of Urban Spaces to Basic Human Needs, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol 70(8), Sept 2005.
- Pushplata, Urban Development and Management of Natural Water Springs in Hill Towns – Case Study, Almora, Nagarlok, Vol XXXVII (3), July-Sept, 2005.
- Pushplata, Jageshwar – The Temple Town of Kumaun – Architecture – Space, Time and People, Journal of Council of Architecture, to be published in Aug – Sept, 2005.
- Pushplata, Management of Pollution and Siltation of lakes in Hill Towns – Case Study Nainital, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol 12, No.1, July 2005.
- Pushplata, Vernacular Architecture of Kumaun Himalayan Region, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol 70, Issue 05, June, 2005.
- Pushplata, R.K.Garg andS.K.Negi, Conservation Strategies for a Pilgrim City, Haridwar, Spatio-Economic-Development Record, Vol.9,No.4, July 2002.
- PushplataandVishwamitter,Architectural Education and Professional Practice: An Interactive Continuum in Action, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol 64, Feb 1999.
LIST OF PAPERS PUBLISHED/PRESENTED IN CONFERENCES/SEMINARS/SYMPOSIUM UPTO MAY 2019
Paper Published/ Presented in International Conferences
- Pushplata, Harsimran Kaur, Sustainability Issues in Context of Indian Hill Towns. International Conference on “Sustainability in energy and buildings (SEB 2019)”, Budapest, Hungary, July 4-5, 2019.
- Harsimran Kaur, Pushplata, Measuring Sustainability of Development in Planned Hill Towns: A Case of New Tehri Town. 7th International Conference on “Research Into Design (ICoRD)”, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. pp. 369-380, January 9-11, 2019.
- Harsimran Kaur, Pushplata, Developing a Sustainability Assessment Framework for Urban Developments in Hill Areas: A Case of New Tehri, Uttarakhand, India. PLEA 2018 - International Conference on “Smart and Healthy within the 2-degree Limit”, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, December 10-12, 2018.
- Harshit SosanLakra, Pushplata, Man-nature Relationship Measurement Scale and Index for Indigenous Communities in Indian Urban Context, In: urban transitions Sitges, Barcelona, Spain November 25-27, 2018.
- IpshitaDas, Pushplata, Public Open Spaces for Smart Habitable Living Environment for the Lower Income Groups. In: 3rd Neo-International Conference on Habitable Environments and International Professional Meet (Niche IPM 2018), November 16-17, 2018.
- Dinesh Singh,Pushplata, Issues of Urban Infrastructure for Habitable Environment in Census Towns. In: 3rd Neo-International Conference on Habitable Environments and International Professional Meet (Niche IPM 2018), November 16-17, 2018.
- Harshit SosanLakra, Pushplata, Culture Place Dynamics and the Indigenous Narration in the Urban Context: Case of Ranchi. In: 3rd Neo-International Conference on Habitable Environments and International Professional Meet (Niche IPM 2018), November 16-17, 2018.
- Amanjeet Kaur, Pushplata, Understanding Manifestation of Socio-cultural Aspects in Traditional Houses for Design of Future Dwellings. In: 3rd Neo-International Conference on Habitable Environments and International Professional Meet (Niche IPM 2018), November 16-17, 2018.
- Pushplata, Sustainable Architecture in Context of Himalayan Hill Regions. In: International Conference on Civil and Architectural Engineering, June 16-17, 2018.
- Harsimran Kaur, Pushplata, A Review of Urban Sustainability Tools with Focus on Hilly Regions. In: International Conference on “Mountain Cities, Climate Change and Urban Sustainability”, Chandigarh, November 06-08, 2017.
- Kshama Gupta,Prasun Kumar Gupta, Alok Jhaldiyal, Pushplata, WRF-UME for Computation of Urban Canopy Parameters For Weather Research Forecasting Model, In: international tropical meterology symposium for advancements in space based earth observations and services for weather and climate. Ahmedabad, India, November, 7-10, 2017.
- Kshama Gupta, Pushplata, Sandeep John, Ashutosh Bhardwaj, Pramod Kumar, andA. Senthil Kumar, Comparative Evaluation of Pleiades, Cartosat-2 and Kompsat-3 stereo data for DSM and 3 D Model Generation, Asian Conference on Remote Sensing, New Delhi, October 23-27, 2017.
- Kshama Gupta, Pushplata, Tanya Rajwal, Sandeep Nekkla, Pramod Kumar, A. Senthil Kumar and Pushplata,Investigating the Relationship of Urban Form and Function with Surface Temperature Patterns, Asian Conference on Remote Sensing, New Delhi, October 23-27, 2017.
- Seema Praliya, and Pushplata, Participation: A Strategic Approach Towards Present Day Successful Public Spaces, International Conference on “Sustainable Built Environment” (SBE-17), IIT Roorkee, February 3-5, 2017.
- Harshit SosanLakra, and Pushplata, Culture Based Planning and Creative Economy Framework for Indigenous Community Development, 4th World Planning Schools Congress on Global Crisis, Planning and Challenges to Spatial Justice in the North and in the South, Rio, Brazil, July 03-08, 2016.
- Pushplata,Ensuring Sustainable Urban Mobility in Indian Cities: Need for Creating People Friendly Roadside Public Spaces, 18th International Conference on Innovative Urban Designing and Traffic Systems, New York, June 06-07, 2016.
- Harshit Lakra, and Pushplata, Beholders of Stories: Contemplating Traditional Cities. 8th International Conference on Global Studies, Imperial College of London, UK, 20-21 July, 2015
- Pushplata, Contemporary Issues In Education for Planning And Design of Urban Built Environment. Global Conference on contemporary issues in Education, Las Vegas, USA, July 12-14, 2014
- SeemaPraliya,andPushplata,Issues of Public Spaces in Small Cities in India: Case study Roorkee. Fourth IJAS Conference at Cambridge, USA, 27 - 31May 2012
- Monalisa Bhardwaj, and Pushplata,Experiencinga Living Heritage through the Character of Public Realm and Built Form Heritage of the City: Case Study -Jaipur, Rajasthan, 18th ICOMOS General Assembly 2014 Symposium: Heritage and Landscape as Human Values, Paper 383(Accepted), Florence, Italy, 9 - 14 November 2014
- K. Gupta, A. Bhardwaj, P. Kumar, Pushplata,and Y.V.N. Krishna Murthy,3D visualization and modeling of urban areas using Airborne LiDAR data (2013), Joint international workshop of ISPRS WG VIII/1 and WG IV/4 on "Geospatial data for Disaster and Risk Reduction" from November 21-22, 2013 at Hyderabad, India.
- Kartik Sapra,and Pushplata,New Dimensions in Building Information Modelling, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Volume XVIII No 1, 2011 (Co Author:)
- Pushplata,Environmental Conscious Planning and Design for Sustainable Development of Hilly Areas, key paper at ITPI Zonal Conference on Sustainable Development of Hilly Areas, Dec 2010
- Monalisa Bhardwaj, and Pushplata,Energy Sensitized Architecture in India, Journal of Indian Building Congress,Jan 2009,Vol. XVI, No. 01, pp 156-162
- A. Kumar, A. Sinha, and Pushplata,Energy optimization for tall Buildings in hill Regions, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Jan 2009,Vol. XVI, No. 01, pp 188-195
- Pushplata,Planning and Design of housing in Hill towns, World Housing Congress, XXXVI IAHS World Congress on Housing Sciences, Kolkata India, 3-7 Nov 2008
- Pushplata,Multidisciplinary Approach in Architecture, National Seminar on Modern Trends in Architectural and Civil Engineering Practices, Inst. of Engineers India, Roorkee, Nov. 23-24, 2007, Roorkee, pp. 271-273
- Gopalakrishnan, and Pushplata,Enhancing the Imageability of a Historic City Core in the Process of urban Regeneration: A Case Study of Thanjavur, International Symposium on Historical Heritage, Yildiz Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey, Sept. 2007,pp245-252.
- Pushplata,Natural and Passive Techniques in Traditional Built Form of Lucknow, International Technical Symposium, MIT, Aurangabad, 2006.
- Mohd. Arif, Najamuddinand Pushplata,Energy Conservation in Traditional Built Form of Lucknow, first National Convention on Green and Intelligent Design and Construction, CEPT University, Ahmedabad, 2006.
- Prashant Das,and Pushplata,Art and Architecture of Hazaribagh, Conference on Tribal Architecture, BITS Ranchi 2005.
- Mohd. Arif, Najamuddinand Pushplata,Climate Responsiveness in Traditional Buildings: A Sustainable Approach, National Seminar on Sustainable Infrastructure for National Development, Aligarh, April 17-18, 2005.
- Ashok Mishra,and Pushplata,Significance of Public Perception in Designing Commercial Centers in Cities, National Seminar on Planning and Construction of Buildings in Modern India, (20th National Convention of Architectural Engineering, Institute of Engineers (I), Roorkee, Nov 1 –2nd, 2004.
- Mohd. Arif, Najamuddinand Pushplata,Energy Conservation with Passive Solar Landscaping, National Seminar on Planning for Sustainable Built Environment, M.A.N.I.T., Bhopal, Nov 2003.
- Mohd. Arif, Najamuddinand Pushplata,Cool Built Forms: The Dilemma of Courtyard Planning, Conf. Indian Habitat and Infrastructure: Need for Innovative appraisal, CBRI, Roorkee, Sept 25- 26, 2003.
- Pushplata,Challenges of Hill Architecture – Problems and Prospects, Key paper, Seminar on Hill Architecture, Indian Institute of Architects, Dehradun, June1-2, 2002.
- R.K.Garg, S.K.Negi and Pushplata,Strategies for Conservation of Pilgrim Cities, Conference on Methodology for Conservation of Heritage, C.B.R.I., Roorkee, April 4-5, 2002.
- Pushplata,Promotion of Tourism and Conservation of Hill Towns, (Co-author Prof Vishwamitter). Conference on Methodology for Conservation of Heritage C.B.R.I., Roorkee, April 4-5, 2002.
- Pushplata,Vernacular Architecture of Kumaun, National Conference on ‘Planning for Capital City for Uttaranchalwith Special Reference to Vernacular Architecture, Uttaranchal Architects Association and Dept. of Arch. & Planning, IIT, Roorkee March 16-17, 2002
- Pushplata,Building Bye-laws in Hill Towns, Key Paper in Seminar on Role of Architects and Planner in the Development of Uttaranchal, Uttaranchal Architects Association & Institute of Town Planners, India (Regional chapter, Roorkee) April 8, 2001
- R.K.Garg, Rachna Laland Pushplata,Design of Urban Spaces for Basic Human Needs, 10th Asian Congress of Architects, New Delhi, Dec.2003.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Architectural Education in India: Vision 2020, All Indian seminar on Technical Education Vision 2020, Institution of Engineers (I), Roorkee Nov. 12-13, 1999.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Reorienting Architectural Education for Twenty First Century, South East Asian Countries Conference on Challenges to Architects and Civil Engineers during 21st Century, Kathmandu (Nepal) April 7-9, 1999.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Architecture of 21st Century: Prospection and Introspection in Mind, Seminar on 50 Years of Indian Architecture and Planning, School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi, March 13-14, 1999.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Design Matrix: Anatomical Rationalization of Design Theory and Analysis, National Seminar on Integration of Architectural and Engineering Concepts, Institution of Engineering(I) Roorkee Dec. 1-2, 1998.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Environmental and Architectural Form: An Interpretation for Design of Human Habitat, National Seminar on Integration of Architectural and Engineering Concepts, Institution of Engineering(I) Roorkee, Dec. 1-2, 1998.
- Pushplata,Water Front Development in Tourist Hill Resorts; International Workshop on Urban Rivers and Water Front, Centre for Built Environment, Calcutta Dec. 12-14, 1998.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Design Matrix: Rationalization of Design Theory, in Status and Future of Architectural Education – Brain Storming Session Council of Architecture, New Delhi, Sept.1998.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Sustainable Environmental Development Through Built Forms Without Pretensions, International Conference on Design and Environment – Catalyst 1997, University of Canberra, Australia, Dec. 5-8, 1997.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Sustainable Development of Hill Towns through Integrated Environmental Conscious Planning, International Conference on Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development, Roorkee Feb. 13-15, 1997.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, This City will not Survive Unless…………, Seminar on Education for Achievement of Sustainable Human Settlements, School of Planning & Architecture, Delhi Feb. 4-6, 1997.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Energy Conscious Hill Architecture of Kumaun International Seminar on Civil Engineering Practices in 21st Century, Institution of Engineering(I) Roorkee, Feb. 26-28, 1996.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Transportation Planning and Form of Hill Settlements International Conference on New Horizons in Roads and Roads Transport, New Delhi, Dec. 11-14, 1995.
- Pushplata,Integrated Environmental Conscious Planning and Design Approach for Hill Towns, National Workshop on Sustainable Development of Urban Habitat, Shimla Nov. 1-3, 1995.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Quality of Life and Built Environment in Hill Towns of India Third International Congress of the Asian Planning School Association, National University of Singapore, Sept. 22-24, 1995.
- Pushplata,Urban Infrastructure for Hill Settlements Workshop on Infrastructure Development for Human Settlements, Institute of Town Planners (I), Roorkee, Jan. 1995.
- Pushplata,Introducing Architecture, Souvenir National Association of Students of Architecture, India, Dec. 1994.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Morphism and Vernacularism in Architecture International Conference on Architectural and Urban Conservation, Calcutta, Dec. 1994
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Eco-Synergism and Planning for Tourism in Hill Towns, International Conference on Creating Environments for Tourism, Las Vegas, USA Oct. 1994.
- Pushplata,and Vishwamitter, Design Methodology for Planning and Design of Hill Towns, Annual Seminar of Institute of Town Planners (I) Coimbatore, Jan. 1994.
- Pushplata,Tall Buildings in Hills: Planning & Design Consideration, All India Conference on Tall Building Institution of Engineers (I), Roorkee, March 1993
- R.K.Garg, and Pushplata,Environmental Planning Issues of a Pilgrim City: Case Study Hardwar, International Conference on Environmental Planning & Management U.O.R, Roorkee, April 1990.
- Pushplata,Importance of Urban Design in Architectural Education, Workshop on Architectural Profession: Problems and Prospects, University of Roorkee, Roorkee, Feb. 1988
- R.K.Garg,and Pushplata,Acceptance of Recent Innovations for Housing Construction: Indian Experience, International Conference on Appropriate Technologies for Building in the Third World, Berlin (FRG), June 1987.
- Pushplata,Development Policy for Hill Settlements, Workshop on National Urban Development Policy; New Delhi, March 1986.
- Pushplata,Environmental Regeneration in Himalayas: Carrying Capacity of Land: Urban Development Methodology, International Conference on Environmental Regeneration in Himalayas: Concept and Strategies, Nainital, Oct. 1983.
- Pushplata,Environmental Management: Urban Development, Case Study Nainital, Workshop Environmental Management, Nainital, Sept. 1981