Pushplata Professor pushpfap[at]iitr.ac.in 01332-285143
Areas of Interest
- Architechtural Design, Urban Design , Urban Environment Design, Sustainable Development of Hill Settlements, Hill Arch., Public Realm
Honors and Awards
|Chairperson, All India Board of Architecture||AICTE||2016|
|Honorary Professor||AMITY University Jaipur||2018|
|Member Board of Governors||School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal||2016|
|Member Academic Council||School of Planning and Architectur, Delhi||2015|
|University Prize for standing first in class||University of Roorkee||1978|
|Best paper||Indian Buildings Congress||2007|
|Best Paper Award Commendation Certificate||Indian Building Congress||2011|
|B.Arch.||Architecture||University of Roorkee||1978|
|P.G. Dipl.||Architecture (Urban Design)||SPA, New Delhi||1980|
|PhD||Architecture||University of Roorkee||2001|
|01.01.2016||31.12.2017||Member||Board of Governors|
|01.01.2011||30.04.2014||Head of Department||Department of Architecture and Planning|
|Jan. 2015||Dec. 2017||Member||Building and Works Committee IIT Roorkee|
|July 2014||July 2016||Chairperson||Departmental Academic Committee|
|2008||2013||Convener Decoration||Annual Convocation|
|Oct 2013||July 2015||Chairperson Departmental Research Committee||Department of Architecture and Planning|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Geo-environ. Appraisal of Almora for Hazard Assessment as a basis for Plng for Future Urbanization||MHRD||2008|
- Council of Architecture, Member
- Indian Building Congress, Member
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Urban Public Spaces for Lower Income Groups||Ipshita Das|
|A Study if Development Patterns in Peripheral Urban Areas||Disha Chatrath|
|Emerging residential Developments: A Case of Ghaziabad||Prerna Tomar|
|Building Cluster for a Safe Habitat in Landslide Prone Area||Nupur Rathore|
|Urban Renewal of City Core of Dehradun: A Proposed Smart City||Ushnata Datta|
|Revitalization of Dashawamedh Ghat Area of Banaras||Aishwarya Agarwal|
|Urban Conservation of Mall Road, Darjeeling||Suryendu Dasgupta|
|Encouraging Pedestrianization for Sustainable Transit Oriented Development for a Smart City||Parshant Rehal|
|Creating Public Spaces For the Integration of Transport Terminals: A Case in Ernakulam||Lakshmi M M|
|Rethinking Hill Architecture: Himachal Pradesh||Neetu Kapoor|
|Humanizing Pedestrian Public Realm in Gurgaon||Krati Mishra|
|Integrated Development for Improvement of Ghats of Patna||Vriddhi|
|Analytical Study of District Centres in Delhi||Brishbhanlali|
|Rejuvenation of Harding Park and Station Road, Patna||Nitish Chandra|
|Traditional Building Materials in Himachal Pradesh||Ridhima Mahajan|
|Sustainable Housing||Farheen Bano|
|Improving Quality of Built Environment in Gorakhpur City Core||Fareha Nasreen|
|Design Methodology for Sustainable High Rise Buildings||Dattreya O.V|
|Conservation of Character of Hill Stations||Monalisa|
|Comparative analysis of Solar Passive Strategies||Rakesh Mishra|
|Criteria for Design of Mid Rise Buildings in Hill Regions||Ashwani Kumar|
|Design Strategies for Urban Insertion||Neeti Bhatia|
|Parametric Design Software||Saurabh Shankar Jha|
|Guidelines for Rejuvenation of traditional marketplaces in Indian cities||Jaideep Sarkar|
|Urban Renewal of Public Realm of a Historic City Core: A Case of Thanjavaur||P. Gopal Krishanan|
|Urban Design Guidelines for Boiphilic Neighbourhoods in a Hill Town||Somnath Malik|
|Adaptive Reuse of Traditional Houses of Almora||Shareka Iqbal|
|Green Retrofit Modelling for Existing Buiuldings||Anushree Naphade|
|Planning Strategies for Housing for Jaipur City||Ravi Rai Verma|
|Application of LEED India NC for Designing a new Green Building||Gadhi M|
|Public Perception of Urban Spaces||Ashok Mishra|
|Design Guidelines for Outdoor Sets in Film Cities||R.S.Sandeep|
|Development of Urban Water Front-River Adyar, Chennai||RamakrishnanD.|
|Design Guidelines for Humane Streets||Saurabh Saxena|
|Design of Urban Spaces for Fulfillment of Basic Human Needs||Rachna Lal|
|Integrated Urban Conservation for a Historical Urban Village-Chirag Delhi||Rajashree Ghosh|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|A Methodology for Character Appraisal of Hill Towns||Monalisa||A||2008|
|Integrating Cultural and Ecological Significance of Traditional Urban Spaces||Ashfina T||O||2018|
|Area Specific Building Regulations for Hill Towns||Ashwani Kumar||A||2011|
|Transformation of Census Towns in Uttarakhand: Policies and Prospects||Dinesh Singh||O||2014|
|Sustainable Development of Environmentally Sensitive Areas||Harsimran Kaur||O||2016|
|Conservation of Hill Towns||Suryendu Dasgupta||O||2016|
|Transformations in Traditional House Forms with Changing Socio-cultural Context in Himachal Pradesh||Amanjeet Kaur||O||2016|
|Deciphering Traditional Knowledge Systems Embedded in Indian Cultural Landscape||Samiksha Srichandan||O||2017|
|Strategies for Successful Public Placess||Seema Praliya||O||2012|
|Urban Morphological Transformation of Ethopian Cities||Ararsoo||O||2012|
|Interrelationship between Urban Form and Climate||Kshama Gupta||O||2012|
|Cultural Planning and Creative Economy Framework for Indigenous Community Development||Harshit S. Lakra||A||2013|
|Energy Responsiveness in Traditional Residential Buildings of Lucknow||Mohammad Arif Kamal||A||2002|
|Study of Contemporary Architectural Practices in India||Prabhjot Kaur||A||2005|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Harvard University||Presented a paper in Conference||May 2012|
|MIT, Cambridge, USA||To interact with faculty, and explore collaboration.||May 2012|
|Harvard University||a) Presented a paper in Conference b) To interact with faculty, and explore collaboration.||May 2011|
|Sri Sri University, Cuttack||Selection Committee||09-04-2016|
|BITS, Mesra, Ranchi||Selection Committee||23-03-2016|
|UPTU Lucknow||RDC meeting||13-03-2016|
|DCRUST, Murthal||RDC meeting||27-01-2016|
|Gautam Budhha,University, Greater Noida||Selection Committee||07-10-2015|
|Lingaya University, Faridabad||NAAC visit||01-10-2015|
|DIT, Dehradun||Academic Council Meeting||15-09-2015|
|PVP College of Architecture, Pune||Jury/International Architectural Design Competition||08-08-2015|
|GNDU, Amritsar||Selection Committee||05-08-2015|
|UPTU, Noida||PhD Interview||29-04-2015|
|Noida International University, Gr. Noida||UGC Inspection||23-02-2015|
|Indian Institute for Remote Sensing, Dehradun||Invited key lecture||19-02-2015|
|Kurukshetra University||Invited key lectures||05-01-2015|
|CEPT Ahemdabad||PhD Viva||03-11-2014|
|Lucknow Development Authority, Lucknow||Hi-Tech Township meeting||24-04-2014|
|Integral University, Lucknow||UGC Inspection||16-05-2014|
|IEC Baddi, Himachal Pradesh||UGC Inspection||19-05-2014|
|DST , New Delhi||TIFAC Technology Vision 2015 - Habitat Committee meeting||22-05-2014|
|SPA, New Delhi||PhD Viva||10-01-2014|
|Dr.BN College of Architecture for Women, Pune||Invited lecture||22-12-2013|
|NIT, Hamirpur||Architect Selection Committee||30-09-2013|
|SPA, Bhopal||ITPI workshop on UDPFI Guidelines||30-01-2013|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Review and Restructuring of B.Arch curriculum||IIT Roorkee, Blue Star||Aug 2013|
|Disaster Mitigation in Housing in India: an Agenda for Future||IIT Roorkee||March 2010|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Understanding Sustainable Development of Hill Areas||National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur||1-10-16|
|Public Spaces in Indian Cities||CET, Trivandram||13-07- 17|
|Issues of Public Spaces in Indian Cities||MNIT, Jaipur||13-02-17|
|Urban Environmental Management in Environmentally Sensitive Hill Areas||MNIT, Jaipur||14-02-17|
|Architectural Research Methodologies for Research in Urban Design||BNCA, Pune||23-12-13|
|Climate Change, Energy and Urban Built Environment||Center for Environmental Studies, Kurukshetra University||5-01-15|
|Energy Efficient Buildings||Center for Environmental Studies, Kurukshetra University||5-01-15|
|Smart Cities and Geo spatial Techniques||Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun||15-02-15|
|Site Planning, Building Forms and Architectural Design Concepts for Earthquake Resistant Buildings||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee|
Refereed Journal Papers
LIST OF PAPERS PUBLISHED UPTO MAY 2018
- Formulating Contextual Building Regulations for Hill Towns of India: the Case of Shimla. Planning Practice and Research, January 2018, pp 1-17 (Co-author: Kumar, Ashwani)
- Problems and prospects of building regulations in Shimla, India – A step towards achieving sustainable development. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment, 6(1), March 2017, pp.207-215. (Co-author: Kumar Ashwani)
- Public Open Spaces in Indian Small Cities: A case of Roorkee. SPACE, Volume 20, No. 3-4, July – December, 2016, pp-57-70. (Co-author: Seema Praliya)
- Transformation of Architectural Character of Darjeeling, Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Volume-81, Issue 11, November 16, pp-39-44. (Co-author: Suryendu Dasgupta)
- The bungalow – part of India’s vernacular heritage. International Journal of Environmental Studies, Volume 73, 2016 - Issue 4, pp-604-615 (Co-author: Monalisa Bhardwaj)
- City Profile: Shimla, Cities, Volume 49, December 2015, pp149-158.(Co-author: Kumar, Ashwani)
- Procedural Rule Based 3D City Modeling and Visualization Using High Resolution Satellite Data (2015), International Journal of Advancement in Remote Sensing, GIS & Geography, IROSSS Publication, Volume 3, No 2, pp-16-25. (Co-Author: Gupta K, Bhardwaj A, Kumar P)
- Approach to formulate setback regulations for Indian hill towns, International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment, 2015, Vol.4, pp91-99.(Co-author: Kumar, Ashwani)
- Building regulations for hill towns of India, Housing and Building National Research Center (HBRC) Journal, June 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hbrcj.2014.06.006(Co-author: Kumar, Ashwani)
- Building regulations for environmental protection in Indian hill towns, International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment, April 2014, Vol.2, pp224-231.(Co-author: Kumar, Ashwani)
- Public Spaces: Prospects of Cities, Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Technology, Vol.2 No.3, January-March 2015, pp221-227. (Co-author: Praliya S)
- Vernacular Practices: As a Basis for Formulating Building Regulations for Hilly Areas, International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10/1016/j.ijsbe.2014.01.001 (Co-author: Kumar, Ashwani)
- Improving the Quality of Built Environment : A Case of Gorakhpur City Core, Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Volume 78 Issue II , November 2013, pp 58-62 (Co-author: Fareha Nasreen)
- Green Building Retrofit for the Library of Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Journal of the Institute of Engineers (India), Series A, March 2013, Volume 94 Issue 1, pp 35-42 (Co-author: A. Naphade, A. Sharma, P.S.Chani, P.Garg)
- Conservation and Development of Built Heritage of Shimla, ABACUS, Vol 7 No. 2, Monsoon 2012, pp 92-98 (Co-author: Kumar, A.shwani)
- Building Regulations :A Means of Ensuring Sustainable Development in Hill Towns, Journal of Environmental Research and Development, Volume 7 A No. 1A, July-Sep 2012 (Co-author: Kumar, A.shwani)
- Balancing Arts, Science and Technology; Challenges of Architectural Profession and Educations, International Journal of Arts and Sciences, May 2011
- New Dimensions in Building Information Modelling, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol XVIII No 1, 2011 (Co-author: Kartik Sapra)
- Traditional Materials- A Sustainable Solution, Journal of Indian Building Congress, June 2010,Vol. XVII, No. 02, pp 14-19 (Co-author: Ridhima Mahajan)
- Significance of Geo-space Architecture in Sustainability of Urban Built Environment, Journal of Indian Building Congress, June 2010,Vol. XVII, No. 02, pp 54-61 (Co-author: R. Shankar, A.M Yogeshweran)
- Regionalism and Revivalism in Neo-vernacular Architecture, Architecture + Design, A Journal of Indian Architecture Vol. XXVII No 4, April 2010, pp 102- 112 (Co-author Monalisa)
- Green Practices for Commercial and Healthcare Buildings, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol. 75, Issue 04, April 2010, pp 26-29, (Co-author Shashank Jain, Swati Kaushik ).
- Mid rise Buildings in Hills: A Problem or an Opportunity?, A+D, Vol. Vol. XXVI No 7, July 2009, pp 90- 96 (Co-author Ashwani Kumar)
- Climatic Control Strategies in Traditional Built Form- Lucknow Context, Architecture + Design, A Journal Of Indian Architecture Vol. XXVI No 2 February 2009 pp 70- 78 (Co-author Mohd. Arif Kamal, Nazamuddin)
- Energy Sensitized Architecture in India, Journal of Indian Building Congress,Jan 2009,Vol. XVI, No. 01, pp 156-162 (Co-author: Monalisa)
- Energy optimization for tall Buildings in hill Regions, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Jan 2009,Vol. XVI, No. 01, pp 188-195 (Co-author: A. Kumar, A. Sinha)
- Geo-environmental Assesment for Determining Suitability of Buildable land in Context of a Hill Town, Journal of Engineering Geology ,vol XXXV Nos 1-4 Dec 2008 pp 391 – 399 ( Co-author: R.Anbalagan).
- Sustainable water management in housing – Architecture – Space, Time and People, Journal of Council of Architecture, Vol. VII, issue 7 July 2008 pp 44 – 55 (Co-author: Farheen Bano)
- Digital Design Process in Context of Modern Tent Structures, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol. 73,Issue 03, pp 7-9, March 2008(Co-author K. Miittal).
- Mechanized Construction of Tent Structures- Case Studies, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Dec 2007,Vol. XIV, No. 02, pp 181-187 (Co-author Kushagra Miittal).
- Design Considerations for Building Integrated Photo Voltaics, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol. 72, Issue 04, April 2007. (Co-author: Tejo Vihas, P.Gupta, S. Dave)
- Public Perception of Urban Spaces- Architecture + Design, A Journal Of Indian Architecture Vol. XXIV No 3 March 2007(Co-author Ashok Mishra)
- Energy Efficiency in Traditional Built Form- Case Studies, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Dec 2006,Vol. 13,No. 3, (Co-author: Mohd. Arif, Najamuddin)
- Urban Development and its Impact on Natural Water Springs in a Hill Town- A Case Study Almora, Spatio-Economic-Development Record, Vol.13, No.3, May-June, 2006.
- Climatic Responsiveness in Traditional Built Form: Lucknow - A Case Study, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol 71,Issue 02, Feb 2006 (Co-author: Mohd. Arif, Prof. Najamuddin)
- Optimum Project Size for Cost Effective Housing – Journal of Indian Buildings Congress, Vol XIII, No.1, Jan, 2006. (Co-author Dr. P.S.Chani)
- Responsiveness of Urban Spaces to Basic Human Needs, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol 70, Issue 08, Sept 2005.
- Urban Development and Management of Natural Water Springs in Hill Towns – Case Study, Almora, Nagarlok, Vol XXXVII, No.3, July-Sept, 2005.
- Jageshwar – The Temple Town of Kumaun – Architecture – Space, Time and People, Journal of Council of Architecture, to be published in Aug – Sept, 2005
- Management of Pollution and Siltation of lakes in Hill Towns – Case Study Nainital, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol 12, No.1, July 2005.
- Vernacular Architecture of Kumaun Himalayan Region, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol 70, Issue 05, June, 2005.
- Conservation Strategies for a Pilgrim City, Haridwar, Spatio-Economic-Development Record, Vol.9, No.4, July 2002. (Co-author: R.K.Garg, S.K.Negi)
- Architectural Education and Professional Practice: An Interactive Continuum in Action, The Journal of the Indian Institute of Architects, Vol 64, Feb 1999 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter).
LIST OF PAPERS PUBLISHED/PRESENTED IN CONFERENCES/SEMINARS/SYMPOSIUM UPTO MAY 2018
Paper Published/ Presented in International Conferences
- Harsimran Kaur, Pushplata, A Review of Urban Sustainability Tools with Focus on Hilly Regions , International Conference on “Mountain Cities, Climate Change and Urban Sustainability”, Chandigarh, November 06-08, 2017
- Seema Praliya, Pushplata, Participation: A Strategic Approach Towards Present Day Successful Public Spaces, International Conference on “Sustainable Built Environment” (SBE-17), IIT Roorkee, February 3-5, 2017.
- Pushplata, Ensuring Sustainable Urban Mobility in Indian Cities: Need for Creating People Friendly Roadside Public Spaces, 18th International Conference on Innovative Urban Designing and Traffic Systems, New York, June 06-07, 2016
- Harshit Sosan Lakra, Pushplata, Culture based Planning and Creative Economy Framework for Indigenous Community Development, 4th World Planning Schools Congress on Global Crisis, Planning and Challenges to Spatial Justice in the North and in the South, Rio, Brazil, July 03-08, 2016
- Harshit Lakra, Pushplata, Beholders of Stories: Contemplating Traditional Cities, 8th International Conference on Global Studies, Imperial College of London, UK, 20-21 July, 2015
- Contemporary Issues In Education for Planning And Design of Urban Built Environment, Global Conference on contemporary issues in Education, Las Vegas, USA, July 12-14, 2014
- Issues of Public Spaces in Small Cities in India: Case study Roorkee, Fourth IJAS Conference At Cambridge, USA, 27 - 31May 2012, (Co author: Praliya Seema)
- Experiencing a Living Heritage through the Character of Public Realm and Built Form Heritage of the City: Case Study - Jaipur, Rajasthan, 18th ICOMOS General Assembly 2014 Symposium : Heritage and Landscape as Human Values, Paper 383(Accepted), Florence, Italy, 9 - 14 November 2014, (Co Author: Monalisa)
- 3D visualization and modeling of urban areas using Airborne LiDAR data (2013), Joint international workshop of ISPRS WG VIII/1 and WG IV/4 on "Geospatial data for Disaster and Risk Reduction" from November 21-22, 2013 at Hyderabad, India. (Co-authors: K. Gupta, A. Bhardwaj, P. Kumar, Y.V.N. Krishna Murthy)
- New Dimensions in Building Information Modelling, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Volume XVIII No 1, 2011 (Co Author: Kartik Sapra)
- Environmental Conscious Planning and Design for Sustainable Development of Hilly Areas, key paper at ITPI Zonal Conference on Sustainable Development of Hilly Areas, Dec 2010
- Energy Sensitized Architecture in India, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Jan 2009,Vol. XVI, No. 01, pp 156-162 (Co-author: Monalisa)
- Energy optimization for tall Buildings in hill Regions, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Jan 2009,Vol. XVI, No. 01, pp 188-195 (Co-author: A. Kumar, A. Sinha)
- Planning and Design of housing in Hill towns, World Housing Congress, XXXVI IAHS World Congress on Housing Sciences, Kolkata India, 3-7 Nov 2008
- Multidisciplinary Approach in Architecture, National Seminar on Modern Trends in Architectural and Civil Engineering Practices, Inst. of Engineers India, Roorkee, Nov. 23-24 , 2007, Roorkee, pp. 271-273
- Enhancing the Imageability of a Historic City Core in the Process of urban Regeneration: A Case Study of Thanjavur, International Symposium on Historical Heritage, Yildiz Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey, Sept. 2007,pp245-252((Co-author : Gopalakrishnan)
- Natural and Passive Techniques in Traditional Built Form of Lucknow, International Technical Symposium, MIT, Aurangabad, 2006.
- Energy Conservation in Traditional Built Form of Lucknow, first National Convention on Green and Intelligent Design and Construction, CEPT University, Ahmedabad, 2006. (Co-author: Mohd. Arif, Prof. Najamuddin).
- Art and Architecture of Hazaribagh, Conference on Tribal Architecture, BITS Ranchi 2005 (Co-author: Prashant Das)
- Climate Responsiveness in Traditional Buildings: A Sustainable Approach, National Seminar on Sustainable Infrastructure for National Development, Aligarh, April 17-18, 2005 (Co-author: Mohd. Arif, Prof. Najamuddin)
- Significance of Public Perception in Designing Commercial Centers in Cities, National Seminar on Planning and Construction of Buildings in Modern India, (20th National Convention of Architectural Engineering, Institute of Engineers (I), Roorkee, Nov 1 –2nd, 2004, (Co-Author- Ashok Mishra)
- Energy Conservation with Passive Solar Landscaping, National Seminar on Planning for Sustainable Built Environment, M.A.N.I.T., Bhopal, Nov 2003. (Co-author: Mohd. Arif, Prof. Najamuddin)
- Cool Built Forms: The Dilemma of Courtyard Planning, Conf. Indian Habitat and Infrastructure: Need for Innovative appraisal, CBRI, Roorkee, Sept 25- 26, 2003 (Co-author: Mohd. Arif, Prof. Najamuddin)
- Challenges of Hill Architecture – Problems and Prospects, Key paper, Seminar on Hill Architecture, Indian Institute of Architects, Dehradun June1-2, 2002
- Strategies for Conservation of Pilgrim Cities, Conference on Methodology for Conservation of Heritage, C.B.R.I., Roorkee, April 4-5, 2002, (Co-author R.K. Garg, S.K. Negi).
- Promotion of Tourism and Conservation of Hill Towns, (Co-author Prof Vishwamitter). Conference on Methodology for Conservation of Heritage C.B.R.I., Roorkee, April 4-5, 2002.
- Vernacular Architecture of Kumaun, National Conference on ‘Planning for Capital City for Uttaranchal with Special Reference to Vernacular Architecture, Uttaranchal Architects Association and Dept. of Arch. & Planning, IIT, Roorkee March 16-17, 2002
- Building Bye-laws in Hill Towns, Key Paper in Seminar on Role of Architects and Planner in the Development of Uttaranchal, Uttaranchal Architects Association & Institute of Town Planners, India (Regional chapter, Roorkee) April 8, 2001
- Design of Urban Spaces for Basic Human Needs, 10th Asian Congress of Architects, New Delhi, Dec.2003. (Co-author: R.K. Garg, Rachna Lal)
- Architectural Education in India: Vision 2020, All Indian seminar on Technical Education Vision 2020, Institution of Engineers (I), Roorkee Nov. 12-13, 1999 (Co-author: Prof. Vishwamitter).
- Reorienting Architectural Education for Twenty First Century, South East Asian Countries Conference on Challenges to Architects and Civil Engineers during 21st Century, Kathmandu (Nepal) April 7-9, 1999 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter)
- Architecture of 21st Century: Prospection and Introspection in Mind, Seminar on 50 Years of Indian Architecture and Planning, School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi, March 13-14, 1999, (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter).
- Design Matrix: Anatomical Rationalization of Design Theory and Analysis, National Seminar on Integration of Architectural and Engg. Concepts, Institution of Engg. (I) Roorkee Dec. 1-2, 1998 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter).
- Environmental and Architectural Form: An Interpretation for Design of Human Habitat, National Seminar on Integration of Architectural and Engineering Concepts, Institution of Engg. (I) Roorkee, Dec. 1-2, 1998 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter).
- Water Front Development in Tourist Hill Resorts; International Workshop on Urban Rivers and Water Front, Centre for Built Environment, Calcutta Dec. 12-14, 1998.
- Design Matrix: Rationalization of Design Theory, in Status and Future of Architectural Education – Brain Storming Session Council of Architecture, New Delhi, Sept.1998 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter).
- Sustainable Environmental Development Through Built Forms Without Pretensions, International Conference on Design and Environment – Catalyst 1997, University of Canberra, Australia, Dec. 5-8, 1997. (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter).
- Sustainable Development of Hill Towns through Integrated Environmental Conscious Planning, International Conference on Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development, Roorkee Feb. 13-15, 1997 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter).
- This City will not Survive Unless…………, Seminar on Education for Achievement of Sustainable Human Settlements, School of Planning & Architecture, Delhi Feb. 4-6, 1997 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter).
- Energy Conscious Hill Architecture of Kumaun International Seminar on Civil Engg. Practices in 21st Century, Institution of Engg. (I) Roorkee, Feb. 26-28, 1996, (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter).
- Transportation Planning and Form of Hill Settlements International Conference on New Horizons in Roads and Roads Transport, New Delhi, Dec. 11-14, 1995 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter)
- Integrated Environmental Conscious Planning and Design Approach for Hill Towns, National Workshop on Sustainable Development of Urban Habitat, Shimla Nov. 1-3, 1995.
- Quality of Life and Built Environment in Hill Towns of India Third International Congress of the Asian Planning School Association, National University of Singapore, Sept. 22-24, 1995 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter).
- Urban Infrastructure for Hill Settlements Workshop on Infrastructure Development for Human Settlements, Institute of Town Planners (I), Roorkee, Jan. 1995.
- Introducing Architecture, Souvenir National Association of Students of Architecture, India, Dec. 1994.
- Morphism and Vernacularism in Architecture International Conference on Architectural and Urban Conservation, Calcutta, Dec. 1994 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter)
- Eco-Synergism and Planning for Tourism in Hill Towns, International Conference on Creating Environments for Tourism, Las Vegas, USA Oct. 1994 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter).
- Design Methodology for Planning and Design of Hill Towns, Annual Seminar of Institute of Town Planners (I) Coimbatore, Jan. 1994 (Co-author Prof. Vishwamitter)
- Tall Buildings in Hills: Planning & Design Consideration, All India Conference on Tall Building Institution of Engineers (I), Roorkee, March 1993
- Environmental Planning Issues of a Pilgrim City: Case Study Hardwar, International Conference on Environmental Planning & Management U.O.R, Roorkee, April 1990. (Co-author R.K. Garg)
- Importance of Urban Design in Architectural Education, Workshop on Architectural Profession: Problems and Prospects, University of Roorkee, Roorkee, Feb. 1988
- Acceptance of Recent Innovations for Housing Construction: Indian Experience, International Conference on Appropriate Technologies for Building in the Third World, Berlin (FRG), June 1987.(Co-author R.K. Garg)
- Development Policy for Hill Settlements, Workshop on National Urban Development Policy; New Delhi, March 1986.
- Environmental Regeneration in Himalayas: Carrying Capacity of Land: Urban Development Methodology, International Conference on Environmental Regeneration in Himalayas: Concept and Strategies, Nainital, Oct. 1983.
- Environmental Management: Urban Development, Case Study Nainital, Workshop Environmental Management, Nainital, Sept. 1981