- Universal Design, Visual Communication, Design Pedagogy, Sustainable Design
|2014||at Present||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2009||2014||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|Authored Universal Design India Principles (with 8 other authors)||Copyright at NID, Ahmedabad||2011|
|Universal Design Award||NCPEDP, New Delhi||2010|
|Member of Screening Committee for National Disability Award||MSJE, New Delhi||2010|
|Member of Review Committee for Accessibility Standards||Ministry of Urban Development, New Delhi||2009|
|Yuva Ratna Award as Faculty Guide||Birla White||2009|
|MHRD Fellowship, GOI||IIT Roorkee||2002|
|Ph.D.||Enabling Environments for the Mobility Impaired in Rural Areas||IIT Roorkee||2008|
|Master of Architecture||Designing for the Disabled||IIT Roorkee||2002|
|B.Architecture||Architecture||P T U Jalandhar||2000|
|2010||On Going||Associate Manager||Anushruti|
|2008||On Going||Institute Architect||IIT Roorkee|
|2009||On Going||Staff Advisor||Fine Arts Section, Hobbies Club, IITR|
|2011||On Going||O C Building Maintenance||IIT Roorkee|
|2009||2011||Staff Advisor||Music Section, Cultural Council, IITR|
|2008||On Going||O C Workshop||Dept. of Arch. & Plng., IIT Roorkee|
|2006||2009||O C Examinations||IIT Roorkee|
|Animation Basics||NID, Ahmedabad||IIT Roorkee||08th to 12|
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Group Discussion||AR 416||B.Arch. - IV th year||Spring|
|Building Construction - III||AR 204||B.Arch. - IInd year||Spring|
|Principles of Architecture||AR 106||B.Arch. - Ist year||Spring|
|Architecture Design||AR 102||B.Arch. - Ist year||Spring|
|Smita S. Suryawanshi||Architecture, Music|
|Swapneel Jaiswal||Accessibility, Barrier Free Transport|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Universal Design in Indian context||Smita Suryawanshi||O||1|
|Energy Efficient Building Envelopes for Indian Climate||Gireendra Kumar||O||1|
|Accessibility in Transportation Systems||Swapneel Jaiswal||O||2013|
|Affordable Housing for the Urban Poor||R K Garg||O||1|
|Redevelopment of City Core - Ajmer City||Navneet Munoth||A||1|
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|SPA, Bhopal||Jury on Universal Design||02-03-2011|
|Technical University of Dresden, Germany||Indian Mentor under DAAD - MSP programme||5.12.2013|
|Tokyo Technical College, Tokyo||Professional visit||22.10.2012|
|BVB, Hubli||Guest of Honour, Annual NASA Convention||17-01-2011|
|Universal Design in Architecture and Interior Design||Dr.MGR School for Speech and Hearing Impaired, Chennai||G||2014|
|Universal Design India Research||B N C A, Pune||I||2014|
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Effective Teaching; Cooperative Learning, Effective Faculty Development, Outcomes based education||Indo US Faculty Leadership Programme||29-06-2009|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Barrier Free Environments, Short Term Course (1 week)||QIP Centre, IIT Roorkee||01-07-2011|
|Building Energy Simulation Awareness Workshop||USAID, BEE, Continuing Education, IIT Roorkee||03-08-2008|
1. Raheja, Gaurav (2016), Enabling Environments for the Mobility Impaired in the Rural Areas: An Inclusive Design Approach to Rural Context, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
2. Raheja Gaurav (Ed.), 2017, Design for All, A publication of Design for All Institute of India, June 2017, Vol. 12, No. 6.
1. Kumar, G., Raheja, G., (2016) “Design Determinants of Building Envelope for Sustainable Built Environment”, International Journal of Built Environment and Sustainability, University of Technology Malaysia (UTM), Volume 3 Issue 2 : 111-118, E-ISSN 2289-8948.
2. Raheja, Gaurav (2016), Accessibility :Towards the Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities, Yojana, a journal of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India.
3. Raheja, Gaurav, Suryawanshi, S., Jaiswal, S. (2015), Universal Design for Urban Futures in India, Journal of The Indian Institute of Architects, Mumbai, April, 2015.
4. Bagha, S., Raheja, G. (2014), Role of Monuments in Le Corbusier’s Capitol, Journal of The Indian Institute of Architects, Mumbai, September, 2014.
5. Brar, T., Munoth, N., Raheja, G.,(2013), Issues of Sustainable Redevelopment of City Core: A Study Of Developed And Developing Countries, Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India): Series A
6. Raheja, Gaurav (2013), Strategic model of rehabilitation for Persons with Disabilities in rural areas, International Journal of Disability Studies, Society of Disability and Rehabilitation Studies, New Delhi, Pp 25-34, Vol. V & VI.
7. Raheja, Gaurav (2012), Research design for enabling environments for rural disabled, Spandrel, an International peer reviewed journal of School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal, Spring 2012, Pp 72 - 81.
8. Raheja, Gaurav (2011), Universal Design India Principles: The Scope of its implementation, Design for All, Vol. 6, No. 11, November 2011, A publication of Design for All Institute of India. Page 9 of 11
9. Kaur, A., Raheja, G., Kapoor, N. (2011), Bamboo gets a new identity in the world of Construction, Architecture, Time, Space and People, Council of Architecture, India
10. Raheja Gaurav, Kulkarni, S.Y., Handa, S C (2007), Enablement by Universal Design, A BI Annual International Journal of Architecture, Conservation and Urban Studies, BITS Ranchi, Vol.2, No.2 Pp 31 – 37.
1. Saraswat, Smriti, Raheja, Gaurav (2015), Craft: A Narrative Barometer for Interior- Architecture Specific Focus on Stone Crafts in Religious Buildings of India, ICoRD 15,Research into Design across boundaries, Amaresh Chakrabarti (Ed.)Volume, Theory, Research Methodology, Aesthetics, Human Factors and Education, Springer India, 2015, ISSN 2190-3018, Pp 343-362
2. Raheja,G., Suryawanshi, S., (2014), Inclusive Strategies for Universal Access in Educational campus environments in a book titled Inclusive Desiging, Joining Usability, Accessibility and Inclusion, Springer Publications, 2014, UK as proceedings of an international conference titled 7th Cambridge Workshop on Universal Access and Assistive Technology held during March, 2014 at Cambridge University, UK.
3. Raheja, Gaurav, Suryawanshi, Smita (2014), Inclusive Informal Campus Spaces through Universal Design India Principles, Universal Design 2014: Three Days of Creativity and Diversity H. Caltenco et al. (Eds.), IOS Press, Amsterdam, Assistive Technology Research Series, ISSN 1383-813X, Pp 195-203.( Universal Design 2014 conference held at Lund University, Sweden)
4. Raheja, Gaurav, Jaiswal, Swapneel (2014), Universal Design for Indian Public Transportation Systems, Universal Design 2014: Three Days of Creativity and Diversity H. Caltenco et al. (Eds.), IOS Press, Amsterdam, Assistive Technology Research Series, ISSN 1383-813X, Pp 441-442. (Universal Design 2014 conference held at Lund University, Sweden)
5. Raheja Gaurav, Kulkarni, S.Y., 2005: Design Approach for Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities in a report of an Orientation Programme on Vocational Education for Key Functionaries working in the Field of ETR of Persons with Disabilities held at by PSSCIVE (NCERT), Bhopal Pp 46-50.
6. Raheja Gaurav, Kulkarni, S.Y., 2005 : Barrier Free Environment : The Pathway to Accessibility, An Orientation Guide for Promotion of Vocational Education published by PSSCIVE (NCERT), Bhopal.
REFEREED CONFERENCE RESEARCH PAPERS
1. Saraswat, Smriti, Raheja, Gaurav, Mayuresh, Gautam (2017), Documenting, Preserving and Revitalising the Art, Craft and Interior Architecture of Almora (Uttarakhand), ICOMOS 2017 (Accepted) Page 10 of 11
2. Saraswat, Smriti, Raheja, Gaurav, (2017), Documenting the Cultural-Creative Industries of Uttarakhand: Specific Focus on the Space Making Crafts of Almora, International Conference on Sustainable Built Environments, 2017, IIT Roorkee.
3. Raheja, Gaurav, Tyagi, Megha (2016), Mobility experience of persons with visual impairments in Indian railway station environments, Persons with Disabilities held at by PSSCIVE (NCERT), Bhopal Pp 46-50.
4. Raheja, Gaurav, Borgmann, Katharina (2016), Urban Transformations in Left Over Spaces: Explorations through a space syntax perspective, IFKAD 2016, T U Dresden, International Forum on Knowledge Asset Dynamics 11th edition, Towards a New Architecture of Knowledge: Big Data, Culture and Creativity, Dresden, Germany
5. Raheja, Gaurav, Kumar Dhiraj, Sinha, Trisha (2015)Accessibility of Small Town Market Streets In India, 14th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled persons, TRANSED, July 2015, Lisbon.
6. Raheja, Gaurav, Kiran, S., Sharma, U., Garg, R., Ramachandra, A.,(2015)Universal Design Strategies For Inclusive Riverfront Development In India,14th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled persons, TRANSED, July 2015, Lisbon.
7. Raheja, Gaurav,Ahmed, Faraz,(2015) Inclusive Street Design In A Mixed Landuse Neighbourhood,14th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and
Disabled persons, TRANSED, July 2015, Lisbon.
8. Raheja, Gaurav, Jaiswal, Swapneel, (2015), Inclusive Tourism For Pligrimage Towns of India, 14th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled persons, TRANSED, July 2015, Lisbon.
9. Raheja, Gaurav, Borgmann, Katharina, Pillai, Sangeeth. (2015) Urban Transformation in Left over Spaces : A Case of Dilli Haat, The Tenth Space Syntax Symposium, UCL, London.
10. Raheja, Gaurav, Srivastava, A., Tyagi, M., Javaid, S. (2015), Simulation and Experiential Learning in Universal Design, International Conference on Universal Design and Development, 2015, jointly organized by DJ Academy of Design, Coimbatore and British Council, March 13 – 15, 2015.
11. Kumar, G., Raheja, G., (2013) Role of building Envelope Design in Sustainable Built Form, International Conference on Materials, Architecture and Engineering Technology, Beijing, China, December 2013, in Proceedings of Destec Publications, USA
12. Raheja, Gaurav (2012), Enabling Rural Environments – A sustainable Universal Design approach, The 4th International Conference for Universal Design in Fukuoka, Japan, organized by International Association for Universal Design, Japan, October 12 – 14, 2012.
13. Raheja, Gaurav (2012), Developing Methodology For Accessibility Research In Rural Environments, 13th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled persons, TRANSED, September 2012, New Delhi. Page 11 of 11
14. Khare, R., Mullick, A., Raheja, G. (2012), Universal Design India Principles @ 2011: A collaborative process of developing design principles, 13th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled persons, TRANSED, September 2012, New Delhi.
15. Raheja, Gaurav (2011), Approach to Barrier Free Environments in Rural Areas, National Convention on Disability, Human Rights and Social Justice in India, A N Sinha Institute of Social Studies, Patna, Pp 20-24.
16. Raheja, Gaurav (2011), Roorkee School for the Deaf: A Role Model in Special Education, National Workshop on Disability and Inclusive Education, Bangarpet (Kolar), Karnataka, India.
17. Raheja, Gaurav (2010), Disabling Barriers to Access Water and Sanitation Facilities in Rural Environments, National Symposium on Accessibility of Water and Sanitation for Persons with Disabilities in India, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Pp 18-32.
18. Raheja, Gaurav (2010), Researching Accessibility Issues for Persons with Disabilities in Rural Areas, National Congress on Road designs and accessibility for Persons with Disabilities in Rural and Hilly Areas at Chandigarh. India, Pp 8-13.
19. Raheja, Gaurav (2008), Curriculum Development with Universal Design, A Holistic Approach to Create Barrier Free Environments, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and School of Planning and Architecture at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.