AWWA India- IIT Roorkee student chapter
AWWA India- IIT Roorkee student chapter is registered in June 2020. This student chapter is a collaboration between AWWA India, the largest nonprofit, scientific and educational association dedicated to managing and treating water and IIT Roorkee, the oldest technical institution of India.
The aim of the chapter is to provide a common platform for the young water professionals to connect with each other and share technical ideas and research prospects. It also aims to provide opportunities to connect with technical experts throughout the world. Founded in 1881, the Association is the largest organization of water supply professionals in the world.
AWWA membership includes over 4,300 utilities that supply roughly 80 percent of the nation’s drinking water and treat almost half of the nation’s wastewater.
Our 51,000 total members represent the full spectrum of the water community:
- public water and wastewater systems,
- environmental advocates, scientists, academicians, students, and
- others who hold a genuine interest in water, our most important resource.
This student run organization is working towards providing technical and practical exposure to the students through a range of events including guest lectures, contests, seminars, quiz, interactive sessions and webinars etc. spread evenly throughout the year.
An AWWA Student Member through an AWWA Student Chapter, shall receive the following benefits:
• Develop leadership and organizational skills – great for your resume!
• Build your professional network with experienced water professionals through AWWAIndia and AWWA
• Access to the AWWA Career Center (job postings and free resume review)
• Free webinars for AWWA Student Chapters
• Access to electronic publications of Journal AWWA, OpFlow and Water Science
• Discounts on manuals, training guides and benchmarking reports (up to 33% off)
• Scholarship opportunities
• Discounted conference attendance (student rate is $35 USD for specialty conferences and the AWWA annual conference)
Team Members (June 2020 onwards)
Kirti Goyal, Hydro and Renewable Energy
Saumya Arya, Hydro and Renewable Energy
Aparna Dutta, Civil Engineering
Stuti Shah, Hydrology
Manish Kumar Mall, Civil Engineering
Snigdha Pandey, Civil Engineering
Lalit Pal, Civil Engineering
Pooja Agarwal, Civil Engineering
Priyanka, Civil Engineering
Naman Arora, Hydro and Renewable Energy
Alka Yadav, Water Resources Development and Management
Jagriti Jain, Water Resources Development and Management
Prof. Arun Kumar, Hydro and Renewable Energy
Kirti Goyal, President
Pooja Agarwal, Secretary