The following concessions are available for the applicants of SC/ST categories for admission to the various courses :
- Application fee for Entrance Examination, which is charged from SC/ST categories, is only 50% of the fee fixed for candidates of the general category.
- The cut-off percentage in the qualifying paper for admission to B. Tech. / B. Arch. courses is relaxed for SC/ST candidates.
- Minimum percentage of marks fixed for admission in all undergraduate courses on the basis of the entrance examination is again relaxed for SC / ST candidates.
- Minimum qualification for admission to M.Sc. and M. Tech. in Earth Sciences is a graduate with minimum 60% marks. This is lowered for SC / ST candidates by 5% .
- The following facilities are given to all SC/ST candidates (UG, PG, Sciences including MCA).
- No tuition fee is charged. This exemption is irrespective of parents/guardians income.
- Room rent is exempted.
- The Institute provides a scholarship of Rs. 1000/- p.m. or free messing (basic menu) and Rs. 250/- p.m. as pocket allowance.
- SC/ST students whose parents/ guardians' income does not exceed the limit prescribed by the Government of India from time to time can opt for free messing (basic menu) and Rs. 250/- per month as pocket allowance, in lieu of full amount of scholarship of Rs. 1000/- P. M. At present, the ceiling of gross income for such awards is Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum. Students of reserved categories are provided textbooks from the Library under the ‘Text Book Loan Scheme' against a nominal security deposit. Additional books are also provided. Financial assistance is also provided to them from Samaj Kalyan Vibhag. Number of students belonging to SC/ST in B.Tech. / B.Arch. courses at the Institute during the Academic Session 2007-2008 is as given below:
|Class||SC / ST|
|B.Tech / B.Arch II||119||113||06|
|B.Tech /B.Arch IV||82||81||01|
Number of students belonging to SC / ST at the Institute during the academic session 2007-2008 in P.G. courses is as given below :
|Class||SC / ST|
|M. Tech./ M.Arch I year||86||80||06|
|M.Tech. / M.Arch II year||75||63||12|
M.Sc./M.Tech.(E.S.) I yr.
|M.Tech. (E.S.) III year||09||08||01|
|M.B.A. I st year||09||08||01|
|M.B.A. II nd year||12||07||05|
|M.C.A. I st year||06||06||-|
|M.C.A. II nd year||05||05||-|
|M.C.A. III rd year||04||04||-|