UBA-IIT Roorkee team has a vision to sensitize the youth about the ground level problems and therefore they are organizing a Winter School from January 13, 2017 to January 16, 2017 for students all over India to participate and learn.
Major highlights of the winter school are:
- Session on 'The Art of Networking'.
- Learn to communicate with high rank officials.
- Certified Workshop on professional documentation
- Session on the concept of Accessible India Campaign
- Certified field assignment on Accessible India
- Session on the Issues of Indian Economy and the impact of demonetization
- Certified field assignment on the impact of demonetization
- Essence of Rural and Tribal India
- Social infrastucture of Rural India
- Short and Certfied workshop on 'Ethical Hacking' & 'Big Data' by the faculty of Indian Instiitute of Hardware Technology and IIT Roorkee
- For more information on IIHT, visit http://www.iiht.com/
The candidates will be part of event which will include talks with faculty from IIT Roorkee and other institutes as well as renowned practitioners from the field. Additional activities will include field visits, group discussions, informal sessions, campus walk etc.
Candidates will get a chance to work on an actual problem prevailing in a village and also draft solutions for the same. The candidates are expected to prepare a detailed report of their activities during field visits.
Number of positions available: 40
Who can apply
Only those candidates can apply who:
- are available for full time (in-office) internship.
- are available for duration of 5 days (preferred, not mandatory).
- are pursuing any degree but have relevant skills and interest
- are currently in any year of study
- Any undergraduate can apply.
- Before applying, Kindly make a new folder on your google drive and add a) photograph b) Statement of Purpose c) your CV in it. You will be asked to share it during registration.
- Candidates need to bear their travel expenses to and from Roorkee
- Candidates will have to pay a fee of Rs. 1900. This fee includes the following:
- Accommodation (dates will be intimated soon)
- Mess Fee (dates will be intimated soon)
- Participation fee of all events, workshops and field visits
- Expenses of field visit