- Annual Convocation of the Institute on 30 Sep 2016. Mr. Mukesh Ambani to be the chief guest. Posted On: 28 Sep, 2016
- Reminiscence'16 - Alumni meet on 29 Sep'16. Reminiscence where three batches (first year, second year and recently passed out) of the department come together Posted On: 28 Sep, 2016
- BHOR'16 organised on 27 Sep 2016. The social awakewening initiative of the Department believes in crafting humane corporate leaders of tomorrow. Every year, during the deaf awareness week, the students come together to celebrate the extraordinary abiliti Posted On: 28 Sep, 2016
- Short Term Course on "Digital Business Management" on October 19-23, 2016 in Greater Noida Campus of IIT Roorkee Posted On: 14 Sep, 2016
- Short Term Course on Data Analysis for Research & Publication on 10-11th December 2016. Posted On: 06 Sep, 2016
- AVENIR '16 on 3rd-4th September'16. DoMS IIT Roorkee is hosting its Annual Business Conclave - AVENIR on 3rd-4th September'16. Industry Stalwarts and Business heads coming from various profiles and organisations will be sharing their thoughts on “Shifting Sands - Insight driven India” in the two-day extravaganza. Posted On: 29 Aug, 2016
- "SHORT TERM COURSE ON Strategic HRM for Development from 26th - 27th Nov., 2016 organized by Dept. of Management studies and CEC Center". Posted On: 23 Aug, 2016
- Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2016 Dr Rajib Dhar Posted On: 27 Apr, 2016
- Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2016 Dr Z Rahman Posted On: 27 Apr, 2016
- Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2016 Dr A Ramesh Posted On: 27 Apr, 2016
Accolades to DoMS, IIT Roorkee
- Interim Placement 2016 Report
- Executive Placement 2015 Report
- Summer Placement 2015 Report
- Placement Brochure 2014-2016
- Latest issue of Domination
About the Department
The department was established by the Institute to reflect the needs of present-day dynamic business and economic scenario and to enable its students to face the challenges of corporate world. It takes the onus to prepare a breed of managers who have the courage, skills and resilience to excel in the corporate world.
The department offers two-year full-time residential MBA programme. The programme is designed to mould future managers – the business architects who would contribute to the corporate world through their impeccable service and leadership. It follows semester system. The first year consists of core courses. The second year consists of a few core courses and several elective courses. A summer project is scheduled at the end of the first year. The programme offers dual specialization in the second year.
In its quest to promote excellence in management, the department also offers autonomous doctoral programme. The degree of Ph. D. is granted on completion of the programme. The primary objective of the programme is to prepare young men and women for challenging opportunities in teaching, research, and consulting. The programme is designed to impart knowledge, develop skills, and create attitudes relevant to teaching, research and consulting. The programme requires coursework in general management as well as in the area of specialization, followed by a doctoral level dissertation.